• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:05:51 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Driving Styles?

Started by Myles Rowe Top Kart #6, January 21, 2015, 01:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

I also hear people talk about driving styles and how other people are totally different but I don't get it. I thought there is only one truly fast way around the track, not several in terms of how you do drive. I am very confused please help.
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

So like if you are smooth with the wheel and somebody else is abrupt that is a driving style. And when you like to lock up the brakes a little or not lock them up at all that is driving style?
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

Xander Clements

Quote from: Myles Rowe Top Kart #6 on January 21, 2015, 05:31:29 PM
So like if you are smooth with the wheel and somebody else is abrupt that is a driving style. And when you like to lock up the brakes a little or not lock them up at all that is driving style?

In Kart Racing Pro those could be considered driving styles. For example, Cory Hayes is extremely violent, per say, with the wheel in KRP, going back and forth and using a lot of extreme input. However, Corrie Hiatt, or his teammate Ryan Harris, are both much smoother on the wheel and will run identical lap times to Hayes on a race weekend in the SKWC.

In real life, the same cannot be said. Driving style in real life more pertains to your posture and seating position, along with hand placement and how much wheel input they like to use (I.E. less or more caster). While their lines and smoothness are the same, the difference lies in their total wheel input. Some drivers like a lot of front grip in terms of caster, while others like more play in the wheel so they can put in more wheel input. Their lines are still smooth and the same in speed, but their driving is slightly different.

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

Quote from: Xander Clements on January 21, 2015, 05:53:25 PM
Quote from: Myles Rowe Top Kart #6 on January 21, 2015, 05:31:29 PM

In Kart Racing Pro those could be considered driving styles. For example, Cory Hayes is extremely violent, per say, with the wheel in KRP, going back and forth and using a lot of extreme input. However, Corrie Hiatt, or his teammate Ryan Harris, are both much smoother on the wheel and will run identical lap times to Hayes on a race weekend in the SKWC.

In real life, the same cannot be said. Driving style in real life more pertains to your posture and seating position, along with hand placement and how much wheel input they like to use (I.E. less or more caster). While their lines and smoothness are the same, the difference lies in their total wheel input. Some drivers like a lot of front grip in terms of caster, while others like more play in the wheel so they can put in more wheel input. Their lines are still smooth and the same in speed, but their driving is slightly different.
Thanks man that helps a lot. I get it now.  :D
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe