• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Beta 13/ Release 1 Suggestions

Started by Cory_Hayes, January 08, 2015, 04:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory_Hayes

For beta 13/Release 1, I think it should be possible to roll your roll back and forward on the grid, by a driver animation of him putting his hands on the rear wheels and yeah..
Example - from 55 seconds until the race start in this video, you can see the drivers doing it

I think it would look cool in photos and if the tyres did stick to the track causing the kart to get a bad launch, that feature would be insane, but one step at a time :)  and I do understand that we already have the bump forward/backward but yeah...this is cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qixwcd0nJE0

Marco Dakic

I think there are a couple other things that are really more Important  then this :D
3D Modeling :D

Cory_Hayes

Xander Clements

Cory_Hayes

Birel-Rotax 42

Other new bodyworks, improvement of the new shaders and performance of the game, AI, tick rate improvements, ability to use .dds files for track textures.

PiBoSo has worked for the last month and a half to release B12 and B12b. GPB, WRS, and MXB are going to take precedent now. All of the features listed are more comprehensive, useful, and beneficial to the experience of the sim. That being said, if PiBoSo can explain/decrypt the animation process, we can try to add those in, but there would be a need to be quite skilled in 3ds max.

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on January 10, 2015, 02:01:37 PM
Other new bodyworks, improvement of the new shaders and performance of the game, AI, tick rate improvements, ability to use .dds files for track textures.

PiBoSo has worked for the last month and a half to release B12 and B12b. GPB, WRS, and MXB are going to take precedent now. All of the features listed are more comprehensive, useful, and beneficial to the experience of the sim. That being said, if PiBoSo can explain/decrypt the animation process, we can try to add those in, but there would be a need to be quite skilled in 3ds max.

+1

PiBoSo

January 10, 2015, 03:16:21 PM #7 Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:21:03 PM by PiBoSo
performance of the game

As there performance problems? When?

tick rate improvements

???

Cory_Hayes

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 10, 2015, 03:16:21 PM
performance of the game

As there performance problems? When?

tick rate improvements

???

Thanks for your suggestions PiBoSo :D

Beta 12 has been great so far :) Good job

Birel-Rotax 42

Tick rate is the rate at which kart position is sent/received by the client/server. It is adjustable in some games, like Papyrus' Nascar 2003, Grand Prix Legends, and other games.

Performance just refers to all-around high-performance on lower-end systems. It isn't a problem with the vanilla circuits, but tracks like PFI have some significant frame drops when playing on lower-end systems. I guess that could be the fault of the track maker, in using too many path-steps, but I am unsure.

Either way, all of your work is appreciated, and I can't wait to see what GPB, MXB, and WRS improve on in their next builds.

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

A feature where you can choose the height of your driver. 4 feet to 6 ft 6 in.
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

Also something where you can duck your head fully to the point where you can't see because you are looking at your legs.
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

tebbers14

Quote from: Myles Rowe Top Kart #6 on January 13, 2015, 06:11:00 PM
Also something where you can duck your head fully to the point where you can't see because you are looking at your legs.

No, just no.

Lets get the game playable first.

Cory_Hayes

It would be cool if we could break steering arms, instead of just bending the wheel, and not even the stub axle.....

Chiimpus

How about making it so paints are temporarily downloaded in a session so that you don't have to rely on everyone else to install them, and can run custom paints?