• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:06 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Suggestions for the replay

Started by aireisor, April 28, 2011, 08:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aireisor

April 28, 2011, 08:15:31 AM Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:43:37 AM by aireisor
Please make options such as play/pause, rewind, switching from driver to driver, switching camera views operated by hot keys.

ADDED: addition camera views such as nassau panel view (to see the pedals) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_fjuIBd6QM and a first person view, same as during the gameplay.

Racehard

An option to move the camera to any position and free "mouse look around" in each camera perspective would be nice.
This would give us the opportunity to create some great looking screenshots (good perspectives are very important), which always are good promotion in big sim racing communities.

PiBoSo

Quote from: aireisor on April 28, 2011, 08:15:31 AM
Please make options such as play/pause, rewind, switching from driver to driver, switching camera views operated by hot keys.

Which keys do you suggest? There are a lot of ( 13? ) buttons to activate.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on April 28, 2011, 08:37:03 PM
An option to move the camera to any position and free "mouse look around" in each camera perspective would be nice.
This would give us the opportunity to create some great looking screenshots (good perspectives are very important), which always are good promotion in big sim racing communities.

Could you please detail how the "Free" replay camera should be changed?

Schwoni

i think free camera is ok now you can choose every position with numpad and zoom in and out

Racehard

April 29, 2011, 01:05:44 AM #5 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:07:43 AM by Racehard
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 28, 2011, 10:24:28 PM
Quote from: Racehard on April 28, 2011, 08:37:03 PM

Could you please detail how the "Free" replay camera should be changed?

Ok, sorry I didn't knew that there is already such an option.
It is quite nice already, however I found out that the kart is always shown in the center of the picture and you can't tilt the view.

aireisor

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 28, 2011, 10:02:20 PM

I think number pads holding shift/ctrl/alt would be handy. So that you can switch directly to the driver / camera view you want during live recording, not having to go through all of them using "next" button.

Please read OP for some other cool features :)

PiBoSo

April 29, 2011, 10:35:09 AM #7 Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:39:21 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: aireisor on April 29, 2011, 05:24:34 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 28, 2011, 10:02:20 PM

I think number pads holding shift/ctrl/alt would be handy. So that you can switch directly to the driver / camera view you want during live recording, not having to go through all of them using "next" button.

Please read OP for some other cool features :)

OP?

aireisor

Original post, as it's been updated :)

PiBoSo

April 29, 2011, 08:24:20 PM #9 Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:57:44 AM by PiBoSo
ADDED: addition camera views such as nassau panel view (to see the pedals) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_fjuIBd6QM and a first person view, same as during the gameplay.

Please note that in each kart's folder there is the file cameras.cfg
It is a text file with a simple structure, so it's possible to add and change onboard replay cameras.

aireisor

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 29, 2011, 08:24:20 PM

It is a text file with a simple structure, so it's possible to add and change onboard replay cameras.

Where can I find the file? I searched through all Kart Racing Pro folder and did not see any.

oppolo

Quote from: aireisor on May 01, 2011, 08:48:29 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 29, 2011, 08:24:20 PM

Where can I find the file? I searched through all Kart Racing Pro folder and did not see any.

you have to unzip karts.pkz

Schwoni

Piboso why we lost the steering wheel and the legs when we change the values?

oppolo

would it be possibile to have the data for cameras.cfg during free camera?
it would be so easy to put the right values in cameras.cfg

position = -0.35, 0.5, -0.37
rotation = 5, 0
fov = 50

or to have a button for to save the new camera?