• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:54:46 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Does any ever race online?

Started by Marshall_Petersen, October 14, 2014, 07:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshall_Petersen

I've been on for a few days and haven't seen anybody online. I'm in the Pacific Time Zone, so maybe not very many people are playing while I'm up? But I just can't believe NOBODY is on.

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

Quote from: Marshall_Petersen on October 14, 2014, 07:11:19 AM
I've been on for a few days and haven't seen anybody online. I'm in the Pacific Time Zone, so maybe not very many people are playing while I'm up? But I just can't believe NOBODY is on.
There normally aren't a lot of people but normally especially on the weekends if you host your own race with kf3 or kz1 and sometimes mini 60 people will eventually start coming on. It works for me.
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

Marshall_Petersen

Capeta

Yep it's strange before they 're 20 sessions with 5 or more drivers on it what happened?

dibu

For a test I started some 24/7 servers with just the original tracks and karts. I hope that some new drivers will be encouraged to play online.
The servers use rotating tracks and quickrace settings.

dibu

Quote from: DRkarter97 on October 23, 2014, 09:41:09 PM
Quote from: dibu on October 23, 2014, 08:27:12 PM
For a test I started some 24/7 servers with just the original tracks and karts. I hope that some new drivers will be encouraged to play online.
The servers use rotating tracks and quickrace settings.

You also have to realize that there arent that many people that own the game in general, so theres only so many people online at one time regardless of how many servers are up

I know, I think I'm long enough here.  :P  Let me test it for 2 or 3 weeks, if it doesn't work, it's one or two mouse clicks for me to end it.

Quote from: DRkarter97 on October 14, 2014, 06:45:38 PM
this wokrs best with tracks that are included in game as more people have those tracks then modded ones
It was your proposal to use standard settings. ;)

dibu

Quote from: DRkarter97 on October 23, 2014, 10:46:01 PM
... i was just saying that there arent many poeple online so dont expect to see much change
That's exactly our problem. There are more than 4300 forum members and 99% of them don't show up online. If you have any good ideas how to get more people online, my ears are open and I'll do what I'm able to do. We have to ensure long term success of KRP, only if KRP stays successful (money for PiBoSo ;)  ) we'll get upgrades after version 1.0     

PS: The first 24h aren't representative, but at least 28 different drivers used the servers, about 35% of them multiple times.
(for pessimists: only ~0.6% of the forum members used them -> dibu, shut down the crap   8) )

Birel-Rotax 42

PiBoSo hosted servers in Mini60 at Rye House got at least 6 people in the server every day. Back in the good 'ole days of Beta 9  :D

dibu

Quote from: Birel-Rotax 42 on October 24, 2014, 10:40:54 PM
PiBoSo hosted servers in Mini60 at Rye House got at least 6 people in the server every day. Back in the good 'ole days of Beta 9  :D
Let's hope that at least some more people go online now if they find servers with easy settings.

Btw I've just set all servers to use standing start.
If changes at the servers are wanted, everyone is welcome to make suggestions.  ;D

dibu

Quote from: DRkarter97 on October 26, 2014, 10:01:00 PM
If possible you need to black list  Hugo Hernandez, polucho, JesusRB, lluc ibanez, and alberto. they are first off intent wrecking people like myself and second off they are also wrecking each other. if we want more people online we dont want people like them representing the online experience
Done. Blacklist is active.

vault-boy

i did see this today i have video if any one needs to see it its a shame really we want fair races (i dont even care if i finish last ) but players ramming each other just put others off

dibu

Post the link here or send me a PM. If necessary I'll extend the blacklist.

JesusRB

I find this laughable, are we the only ones who give strokes?
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

JesusRB

when we walked into a server, it insults us, and then you complain that accidents do
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

JesusRB

sorry, I have over 300 people lag  ;D
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi