• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:33:41 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Introducing the SKA Pro Tour!!

Started by Kyle Kalish, September 26, 2014, 06:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Kalish

I am proud to announce the creation of the Sim Karting Association Pro Tour! The championship will be a 5-race series sancationed by the Sim Karting Association. We will be using their rule book and structure, as well as some rules specific to the Pro Tour championship. Currently, we are in the process of reviewing multiple tracks available on KRP so that we can have the optimal track schedule this season. For class structure, we will be running one Gearbox category and one non-Gearbox category. We will be running KZ1 for the gearbox class and KF1 for the non-gearbox class. We are in the process of finalizing the full series structure, but there are a few things final at the moment. You must be registered with a team to race. If you enter as an individual, you will be put on a team. Each team will consist of 2 drivers. There are 10 available team spots open for each class, or 20 drivers per class.

Registration will begin within the next few days once our website is up and running and we have finalized a schedule.

If you have an suggestions or want to see changes to the class structure, please comment on this tread or email me at simkartingassociation@gmail.com. I want to hear everyone's input on this series because it is a series for the people by the people!

The SKA Rulebook can be found at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RJyE_fLQEYK0PDgTTO3sYadHuwNPeXVYuZVhk25t15Y/edit?usp=sharing

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and seeing you all on track!

Kyle Kalish
Kyle Kalish

Birel-Rotax 42

Braden Eves

September 26, 2014, 05:50:20 PM #2 Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:03:02 PM by Braden Eves
Many people have been there done that and you'll find very quickly that you can't let the forum people in because they wreck everybody. You need a dedicated server or else people will be lagging everywhere. You need team speak or some form of communication between the racers during the race to communicate penalties, restarts, etc. and you are probably going to need an off track admin as well. If you need any more help pm me and I'll be glad to

Braden

Xander Clements

Just as Braden said, this game as a lot of bugs and the community is quite small and not necessarily all of them are iRacing DWC level talents...your best bet would be to have a bit more open testing and such. As Braden and I currently run SKWC (Sim Karting World Championship), you can see what we currently have together and that after two seasons on the forums here, we decided to move off onto our own website to try and limit the drivers in the series, not due to having too many, but to make sure the racing was clean. I noticed in your rulebook you mentioned teamspeak, which is the same software we use to communicate during races and hang out on.

Running a series on here is probably one of the hardest sims to pull a successful one off on, so just again as Braden said feel free to message either of us.

Cheers,
Xander

Kyle Kalish

The SKA website is live! Registration is now open for the Pro Tour! Our website can be found at http://simkartingassociat.wix.com/simkartassociation.

With that, our schedule should be out within the next few weeks.

Make sure to register early to hold your spot for this season!
Kyle Kalish

Kyle Kalish

No doubt in my mind SKWC is the best championship right now. But that doesn't mean there can't be others. I will almost certainly be running SKWC because it's fun, but I don't want to only race a few times. This isn't a series to compete against SKWC, let me just say that. Just another series to have available. And we are still in the process of creating a structure for the championship, so it's not going to be a copy of SKWC.

So if you don't want to race with us; that's fine with me.
Kyle Kalish

JesusRB

Quote from: DRkarter97 on September 27, 2014, 05:51:32 AM
Quote from: mattkeyes26 on September 27, 2014, 01:37:50 AM
Wow um... this is a joke right? Way to copy skwc. At least be creative. I hope this series dies lol.

At least the Wix page is a different format, looking at JesusRB and Hugo
Ok
TupaKart is the best!
D.E.P  Jules Bianchi

Chiimpus

You mention KZ2 in your rulebook, has this been released on KRP yet?

Kyle Kalish

Quote from: Chiimpus on September 28, 2014, 06:03:21 PM

I included KZ2 and KF2 in case we ever ran a 2 class race using the same kart to distinct between a higher and lower level class. No difference in the karts.
Kyle Kalish

Chiimpus

Quote from: Kyle Kalish on September 28, 2014, 09:26:09 PM
Quote from: Chiimpus on September 28, 2014, 06:03:21 PM

I included KZ2 and KF2 in case we ever ran a 2 class race using the same kart to distinct between a higher and lower level class. No difference in the karts.

Oh okay my bad   ::)

Arnage

Is it going to be U.S. tracks only like the real Pro Tour? Or will we wait until better tracks arrive?
Instagram: @Kol_Bailey
http://kolbaileykarting.webs.com/

Kyle Kalish

Quote from: Arnage on September 30, 2014, 10:10:35 PM
Is it going to be U.S. tracks only like the real Pro Tour? Or will we wait until better tracks arrive?

We are currently reviewing various tracks, including both US and European tracks, to run for the series.
Kyle Kalish

Kyle Kalish

October 03, 2014, 02:20:37 AM #12 Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:05:15 AM by LauZzZn
The finalized SKA Pro Tour Schedule and Points Championship Structure has been released! All information is available on our website at http://simkartingassociat.wix.com/simkartassociation. And while you're there, make sure to register! We already have a good amount of drivers registered for this season so it will fill up before you know it!
Kyle Kalish

Xander Clements

Damn, two hour difference from when our races start... :(

Kyle Kalish

Quote from: Xander Clements on October 04, 2014, 12:44:12 AM
Damn, two hour difference from when our races start... :(

Sorry about that, didn't realize your schedule was already posted! Made some changes to keep it from conflicting with your series. New schedule has been posted
Kyle Kalish