• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:36:05 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Auto-Download skin in online mode.

Started by JAC, April 15, 2011, 11:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAC

I would like that the option Auto-Download skin in online mode was implemented in next releases.

Racehard

You mean that other guys will see your own paint despite the fact that they don't have it installed in krp.

I think this would be awesome, but it would be the most necessary for helmet and visor paints, because there is a small database with all atm existing kart paints at the paints section and if you have these installed you will see the other guys in different colors if they use these paints aswell ;)

SRL-Hitman

Hello ...it would be nice to have a database like iracing.com uses called trading paint...everyone uploads there skins and you can have it set to automatically update your paint folder each time you fire up you machine.

Racehard

April 24, 2011, 08:57:57 PM #3 Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 09:00:00 PM by Racehard
That would be awesome :)

But then you would have a lot paints to choose from ingame, which could be a bit annoying, how does iracing cope with that?

SRL-Hitman

April 25, 2011, 09:21:07 PM #4 Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 09:23:12 PM by SRL-Hitman
well your paint is asigned to your account# so I would have everyone skins in the folder but only able to use my own.
You pick your default paint scheme you want to use and that is the one for your account.
Not sure exactly how it could be done with KRP but something to think about.....cause there is nothing worse than looking at a field
of default karts. Kinda like when I run NASCAR 2003 when you see the purple, green, and grey cars!!
May have to asign each member an account # when they purchase a key.

EVO

Hey guys I have an idea for this but it doesnt seem to be catching on.  I made a thread in the Paint section just for online drivers with custom paints.  Put your username (in game) andlink your paint file
and Ill keep the thread updated.  Before an online event update your paints and we'll be able to see eachother's custom gear

http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=533.0
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

aireisor

Quote from: evo1087 on May 10, 2011, 02:23:56 AM
Hey guys I have an idea for this but it doesnt seem to be catching on.  I made a thread in the Paint section just for online drivers with custom paints.  Put your username (in game) andlink your paint file
and Ill keep the thread updated.  Before an online event update your paints and we'll be able to see eachother's custom gear

http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=533.0

Only if they could all be kept in one zipped file which would be updated regularly...  :P

EVO

May 10, 2011, 02:43:59 AM #7 Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:45:30 AM by evo1087
great idea!   Ill do it!  seriously! post um up

aireisor

Haha, ok. So people send you their paints and you update a packed file on a regular basis?
If you can do this, amazing job then   ::)

EVO

Yup i can do this.  I already made a thread for it In paints. Just post them there. And I'll keep a weekly refeshed ZIP file

backwardsbanana

Anyone here played LFS before? In LFS there is a special type of address www.lfsworld.net. It's like a control panel for every players own account. In there they can upload their skin templates for the world to see. Everytime you go to a server and have that skin, that you have uploaded, the skin will be sent to everyone in the server, who doesn't have it. We don't need a special page like a control panel or some sort, but it would be awesome, if the game had a special sort of address, where everyone can upload their skins.
The server will send the skins to others only when the player with that skin is in the server that you are.
Like um, the skin would be downloaded only to replace the white skin.
I hope you guys understand me, because my english is not the best ;)

oppolo

Quote from: backwardsbanana on May 29, 2011, 10:39:45 AM
Anyone here played LFS before?
yes i know that system, there is also an option in the settings, if i want or not download skins of others people.
there is also another option, 512k or 1024 size, for 1024 people have to pay some money