• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:31:25 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Too much grip

Started by Robin Mayer, August 09, 2014, 11:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Mayer

I think in KRP you have much more gip than in real live. Lauzzzn testee it and you are 2 seconds faster on every track than in real life.

Who else thinks this is so?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose - Ayrton Senna

Marco Dakic

De allready now that it is so ;)
3D Modeling :D

ALEale

Are you sure that the tracks are EXACTLY the same of the real tracks?? ;)

Cory_Hayes

do you mean tracks have too much grip or karts?
like..what specifically, to me the karts in the game either have too much front end grip or too much rear end grip, you can never get the kart hooked up properly there is always one of the other

LauZzZn

The karts have too much overall grip. I tested that on several tracks, and you are everywhere about 2-3 seconds faster than real times
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Cory_Hayes

I think maybe you need to be able to feel the kart turn in more, but not take corners at such high speeds, because on a lot of tracks you can brake super super super late and you don't even have to slow down much and it goes around the corner easy..

Birel-Rotax 42

In my opinion, it is a combination of the tires and the surfaces that have too much grip. For example, at Zuera, the Rotax hits top speeds within 1-2 kph of what the EuroMax drivers were hitting last month. However, the times are 2-3 seconds faster, on the equivalent of Vega Blues (FS250 Tyres). As for the other karts, it is just too much surface grip along with the tyres having a bit too much lateral grip. What I mean is that if you go into a corner , you shouldn't be able to just let off the gas and coast without getting loose/sliding/spinning.

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

If you are talking about KRP in game tracks it is normally that they are not totally to scale and the engines physics aren't exact like iRacing. If you are talking about tracks made by people to put into the game they are definitely not to scale.
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

maxrod

Yes most tracks are scaled they would normally be scaled over Google earth so unless Google earth measurements are out then yes they are scaled to size.