• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:01:03 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

SKUSA Supernationals 2012, 2013, 2014

Started by Birel-Rotax 42, May 09, 2014, 06:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birel-Rotax 42

To preface this, I did very minimal modeling of the Las Vegas skyline. I want to present my newest project. Supernats has been the biggest "party" in karting for several years, and 2013 was no exception. As of now, the layout will stay the same as it was in 2012 and 2013, making my job very easy  :D :D

If all goes as planned, it will be ready a few months before the actual race, so that is the planned time of release.

It is a huge work in progress, so if anyone wants to model the barriers, send textures, model the pits/grid, the team tents for the event, it would be appreciated. On another note, the skyline is 3d modeled, so there may be a requirement of a somewhat decent computer to run it.
Progress so far:

iVersOne

tebbers14

Cory_Hayes

Clova414

Thats exactly what my Supernats track was missing, this one should be top 3 if not the best overall track now... Great job Corrie

Birel-Rotax 42

I'm just worried that not every computer will be able to handle it  :-\

Braden Eves

This track looks amazing with all the buildings  8)

Taddzy

Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

Birel-Rotax 42

Hey guys, so this project is on hold right now, because I had a hard drive failure. This was one of my only projects that I hadn't backed up onto Mega, so it's going to be a while before I get back started with this. Hopefully (since the layout is pretty simple) I can bring out a public beta, but I am going to try my best to get it out before the actual race. Along with this, I have a couple of exciting projects going on!
These include a couple of tracks from the United States, and in my opinion, they are a lot of fun to drive on.
United States tracks I'm working on are:
-Miller Motorsports Park (US Rotax Grand Nationals location)
-Sonoma (still)
-Grand Junction (SKUSA Pro Tour)
-The Track at Centennial (Rotax Pan-Am)
-Tucson Karting Circuit (SKUSA Pro Tour)

I really enjoy all of these tracks, as they are a ton of fun, and I hope that some of these tracks can be raced on frequently. These tracks were decided on by a vote during one of my last few races, and they were basically voted as the best few tracks in the United States.
Other tracks right now include:
-Bahrain International Karting Circuit (BIC/VIVA Karting)
-Dubai (Fantasy Circuit)
-Catalunya (Scaled down F1 Circuit)

I'm really sorry about this news, as I had been pretty far along with this. However, I'm excited for the future, and can't wait for what is ahead not only for me, but for the sim and its future!
If you guys are at all interested in anything, please contact me, or join our teamspeak server to talk with me!
   I'll keep everyone updated!
             -Corrie

Birel-Rotax 42

So, good news! I was able to recover (for the most part) all of the models for the track, but some textures went missing. I'm really happy about this, so hopefully after Bahrain is completed, we can see a new release of Supernats! All of the surrounding buildings are basic boxes and faces, with textures taken from the skyline of Las Vegas. In the work that I have done so far, it looks as if the framerate shouldn't be impacted as much as I thought from the start. If anyone has pictures of the track surface, I would be grateful, as the elevation from the racing surface to the pits is about (if I remember from 2010) about 5-6 feet. Any of the walls/surfaces/anything else would be much appreciated, as this track is aimed to be extremely accurate. Thanks for the continued support, and updates are to come!

Tr!st@n

Hmm, dont know if this helps you, but do you know the filn "Become One"? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRjOPCq9_f8) There you have a good look on the track surface of supernats in much scenes.
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

Myles Rowe Top Kart #6

I don't want to be picky and impatient but how is your progress?
Sincerely,

Myles Rowe

Birel-Rotax 42

Until the netcode gets improvements, I don't think that there are enough drivers on KRP who know how to cleanly race with lag to  hold a race here with the current state of the sim. Development is around 30min/week with most of my available time going towards tracks like the DKC re-make and circuits like Bahrain, Grand Junction, Centennial, and Miller. Keep in mind that the GFP Karting Circuit (the night circuit in this thread http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=4764.msg37460#msg37460) took over 75 hours of work to get to the pre-alpha state that it is in. With over 90 hours into it as of now, I can personally tell you that if there is any consolation for the time frame of my tracks is the quality not only in the textures, but also in the minute details such as shaders like specular and bump maps on objects not limited to track surfaces, walls, kerbs, and even fences. On top of that, I release works that (for the most part) are complete to the extent that there are no major problems that are completely unknown. Trust me, I want to see Supernats in KRP as badly as the rest of you, but with the number of other circuits that also inhabit my work list, and with the state of KRP's lag and netcode, I am going to hold off until we can see over 35 karts and until there is some reduction in the netcode wiggles that we frequently see on dedicated servers at this time. Thanks for the concern, I wish I had a more favorable answer, but this is where I am at right now.