• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:18:47 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

PC Spec

Started by sam19, March 21, 2014, 06:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam19

Hi Everyone,

I'm just about to buy all the components to build my own computer, it will solely for my sim, it will sit on the back of the chassi and it will only run simulators such as KPR, rFactor, KartSim, iRacing etc...

could you please post what your set up is and if it runs it and if you wanted to upgrade, i havent got millions to spend but iv got a healthy budget for this,

im planning on running 3 monitor/tv screens undecided yet, maybe a 4th screen aswell,

so tell me what youve got haha :)

sam

James Beer

March 21, 2014, 07:08:43 PM #1 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:42:52 PM by James Beer
well, im running:

- AMD 6100 Black Edition Processor ( over clocked to 4.3 GHz )
- Gigabyte Windforce 270x OC graphics card and has been manually overclocked to its limits
-  Xcase Gaming case
- NZXT LED touchscreen fan controller
- 600w power supply
- 6x 120mm and 1x 200mm fans
- Logitech G27 wheel and Logitech g430 headset 7.1 surround sound
- 3x 22" monitors

Runs KRP (150 FPS +), Rfactor (150 FPS +) and iRacing (118 FPS + max graphics)
My setup runs these sims really well and was surprised at how good  the 270x  is after overclocking but maybe i'd like to upgrade to a 290 if the opportunity arises as then the components wouldnt be strained as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDtEmPOnICU&list=UUje0PLKiyGIHhP7axcVKe2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92825VT61oU&list=UUje0PLKiyGIHhP7axcVKe2Q

LauZzZn

Nvidia gefore gtx 660 gainward overclocked
Intel core i7 2nd gen 3.4ghz 8core
3.5tb harddrive
16gb ram
Windows 7 ultimate
3 screens 61cm 1920x1080
Fanatec clubsport wheel with formula rim, clubsport shifter sq and csr elite pedals
I am 100% happy with this. Everything except assetto corsa is running on nearly full graphic(iracing full, piboso sims only anti aliasing on 8)
The clubsport wheel is really awesome, and with a little overclocking and a clean system you have a good setup.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

sam19

awesome thanks for this guys:)

sam

sam19

just a quick question to you guys, are you running KRP on 3 screens through 1 graphics card or 2?

i am about to buy a system with one and got told i might need 2 ?

sam

LauZzZn

I am running my triple screen setup on one graphics card, but i got a.. Lets say quite good setup. Running GTX 660 I can run KRP on full setzings except of an 8x anti-aliasing
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

I am also like Lauzzzn running 1 card for 3 screens (R9 270x oc) - sometimes you will get better performance out of one good card than two cards plus not all games support SLI or Crossfire. What card are you getting sam?

sam19

the system i am looking at has a GTX 750 Ti

sam

Birel-Rotax 42

The 750ti has the power to run KRP maxed out with stellar processor and ram + optimization, but KRP doesn't run snoothly on triple screens without a 4gb frame buffer for the GPU. Similarly, at the price of the 750ti, you will get better performance if you step up to a 760/770 with 4gb VRAM, versus buying another 750ti for SLI.

James Beer

Mm... I'm running with a 2 GB, triple screen no problem

Birel-Rotax 42

Everything on maximum settings? I run max settings and get around 40fps +/- 10, which is unplayable with 15 people in a server. I run two 2 gb cards and I still have to take AA down to 8x.

James Beer

With AA on 8x  get around 140-160 fps ( everything else on highest setting) and roughly on 16x i get 70-80 fps, the thing with triple screens is your running everything at a high resolution anyway so sometimes in games you dont have to have all options on high to get top notch graphics that actually make a visual difference that you can see, i havent tested this with krp as i havent needed to turn anything down.