• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
July 21, 2019, 01:57:27 am

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES


Animated chain and sprocket

Started by Sam Flintham, December 01, 2013, 01:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Flintham

PiBoSo is there any way we could have access to the animated chain and sprocket or can we be told how to do it  :o

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sam Flintham on December 01, 2013, 01:35:24 pm
PiBoSo is there any way we could have access to the animated chain and sprocket or can we be told how to do it  :o


For a reference, look at the "rearsprocket" and "chain" sections of the gfx.cfg file of an engine.

Sam Flintham

Is there values that can be changed In gfx.txt to position them? :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sam Flintham on December 01, 2013, 09:00:44 pm
Is there values that can be changed In gfx.txt to position them? :)


Please note that the filename must be gfx.cfg
The objects must be placed in 3dsmax.
The CFG file can be used to animate them, setting the rotation or scrolling axis.

Sam Flintham

If I name the sprocket and chain in the gfx file the same as the objects on 3ds will that make it rotate?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Sam Flintham on December 01, 2013, 09:15:11 pm
If I name the sprocket and chain in the gfx file the same as the objects on 3ds will that make it rotate?


If the name of the sprocket matches, the object should rotate.
The chain uses texture animation, so it should use a dedicated texture, and the texture filename ( without the extention ) must be set in the CFG.