• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:32:24 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Starts

Started by Piers Prior, October 22, 2013, 11:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piers Prior

i have recently taken a break from krp and i am back :)
Since coming back to krp i have noticed a few things that, if done better, would add to the enjoyment of KRP.
Firstly the starts, when you are sitting on the grid for the pre start and waiting for people to come to the grid it would be better if it were not possible to move eg the brakes are locked on full even if you accelerate, this is because people always get disqualified for accidentally rolling as they rev their engine or touch the throttle.
Also for standing starts and kz1 racing their should be an option for the creator of the server to opt for a 1 lap warmup so you dont have to do the 5 min warmup every race.
If the roll up lap did not have disqualifications (unless you overtake everyone and start the race from pole when you are last) then you would not have to restart the race the whole time cause someone accidentally hits a kerb and gets stuck, they should be able to speed up and re join.
Finally rolling starts there could also be an option to have a fixed roll up, so you grid half way around the lap and then all the karts are driven in formation but cannot be controlled by the drives until the corridors for the start begin, this would get rid of accidental disqualifications for going too fast or too slow.
The world is your lobster

oppolo

I read all time requests for some sort of aids for people that are not able to make even one cleaning lap and now also for standing, so, if Piboso will give these arcadish features in next releases there is no problem for me only if there will be the possibility of race with AI in full hardcore mode, I have already abandoned a sim because when the car is standing the brakes are applied automatically

PiBoSo

October 22, 2013, 02:41:24 PM #2 Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:47:32 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: oppolo on October 22, 2013, 12:38:34 PM
I read all time requests for some sort of aids for people that are not able to make even one cleaning lap and now also for standing, so, if Piboso will give these arcadish features in next releases there is no problem for me only if there will be the possibility of race with AI in full hardcore mode, I have already abandoned a sim because when the car is standing the brakes are applied automatically

Actually, there already is an automatic brake during warmup lap, sighting lap and pre-start.
It is activated when the kart is stopped and no throttle is applied. It is proportional to road slope.

An option to disable it can easily be added if you think it is unacceptable.

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 22, 2013, 02:41:24 PM
Actually, there already is an automatic brake during warmup lap, sighting lap and pre-start.
It is activated when the kart is stopped and no throttle is applied. It is proportional to road slope.

An option to disable it can easily be added if you think it is unacceptable.
true, there is already. why not, a ticked box under hardcore mode

IceMan11

Quote from: Hispinkness Prior on October 22, 2013, 11:30:45 AM
Also for standing starts and kz1 racing their should be an option for the creator of the server to opt for a 1 lap warmup so you dont have to do the 5 min warmup every race.

This is exactly what I suggested in another topic a few days ago but everything else I agree :)
There's always a lot of talk about motivation to race, but nobody really knows what I do or what I think apart from myself, so I don't really care what people think.     -Kimi Raikkonen