• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:48:34 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Beta3

Started by Aritz, March 30, 2011, 11:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Only needs an adjustment, not removing nothing ;)

The real karts can shift with a very little lift of the pedal and in 5th or 6th gear is even easier. In KRP you have to lift the pedal a lot and with 5th and 6th you can fail easily, just the opposite of the real world.

You said that you learn with practice to shift fast, but real world doesn't need any type of trainning, is very easy even the first time on a kart.

Of course we love this game, we will support it. But we can help Piboso with our feeling, can't we?

sramesed

yes.. thats right! .. you have to list too much.. and thats very difficult to drive.. just liftig a littl bit is only sometimes possible.. too much mistakes happen!

i also think so..
the ks1 needs a littl bit of adjustment.. and the sim must be getting better..

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on May 20, 2011, 10:38:27 AM
But we can help Piboso with our feeling, can't we?

You can and you should, otherwise the simulator cannot progress.

oppolo

Of course we love this game, we will support it. But we can help Piboso with our feeling, can't we?
sure.
what Piboso think about this ks1's gear?

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on May 20, 2011, 12:43:22 PM
sure.

Hopefully in beta3 it will be more realistic.
However, there will always be a substantial difference between reality and simulator: in real life gear shift happens while you press the lever, while in the software it is simulated AFTER the button press. This delay cannot be removed, and will always make the shift slightly different.

Josi

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 20, 2011, 01:02:45 PM
Quote from: oppolo on May 20, 2011, 12:43:22 PM
sure.

Hopefully in beta3 it will be more realistic.
However, there will always be a substantial difference between reality and simulator: in real life gear shift happens while you press the lever, while in the software it is simulated AFTER the button press. This delay cannot be removed, and will always make the shift slightly different.

I think the matter here it's not how realistic or not it's right now.
I mean, in Beta 1 it was amazing how fast you coud go through gears. In Beta 2 it's quite annoying going up, much more going down gears.
I have no experience with KZ2 karts in real life, but I really know how it works a two stroke motocross engine as I has raced on that for several years. It's not necessary to cut off the throttle in upshifting, only in some cases where the gear box doesn't work properly.
For me, the gear function it's much more better in Beta 1 than in Beta 2 as you can shift really fast, up and down.
It's not necessary to go down at rpm before upshifting.

Racehard

Since it's a simulation, it should be necessary to lift up the gas peda while shiftingl.

Regarding the motocross racing, how do you shift up without letting out the throttle? When you pull the clutch the rpm's will explode then.

And if you shift without the clutch you need to release the gas the right amount?
Anyway maybe I got you wrong?

Josi

May 20, 2011, 08:18:51 PM #52 Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:22:03 PM by Josi
Quote from: Racehard on May 20, 2011, 03:13:29 PM
Since it's a simulation, it should be necessary to lift up the gas peda while shiftingl.

Regarding the motocross racing, how do you shift up without letting out the throttle? When you pull the clutch the rpm's will explode then.

And if you shift without the clutch you need to release the gas the right amount?
Anyway maybe I got you wrong?

Shifting without using the clutch lever. No need for it.
Nowadays in the four stroke era it's the same way.
And no need to release the throttle, you only need to have the habitude and not thinking so much about it. At first it's difficult because your mind is opposite to do that.

oppolo

Quote from: Josi on May 20, 2011, 03:03:53 PM
For me, the gear function it's much more better in Beta 1 than in Beta 2 as you can shift really fast, up and down.
It's not necessary to go down at rpm before upshifting.
in beta1 there was autolift and maybe autoblip, no thanks

oppolo

the difference with real life is also that in real we can push the lever also with strong power from the hand, here there is only a button and the shifting is very quickly only if the movements are synchronized in a certain way (as i did show in the replay but i bet nobody watched it ::) )

offcourse sometimes i have errors that sure i would not have in real, but i prefer 1.000 more this beta2 than beta1, here engines stall, we have real start of the engines, there is no autoblip neither autolift.
i can't image how PIboso can fix this, maybe we could hold the lever in the position and after the trottle is a llttle bit lift, happens the shifting, but also this would not be real, what Piboso is thinking to do?

offcourse we all love this game, infact in my opinion beta2 is very better than beta1, so i'm defending it, i hope in the future a kart 100 with direct drive  ::)

Josi

Quote from: oppolo on May 21, 2011, 11:35:26 AM

the difference with real life is also that in real we can push the lever also with strong power from the hand, here there is only a button and the shifting is very quickly only if the movements are synchronized in a certain way (as i did show in the replay but i bet nobody watched it ::) )

offcourse sometimes i have errors that sure i would not have in real, but i prefer 1.000 more this beta2 than beta1, here engines stall, we have real start of the engines, there is no autoblip neither autolift.
i can't image how PIboso can fix this, maybe we could hold the lever in the position and after the trottle is a llttle bit lift, happens the shifting, but also this would not be real, what Piboso is thinking to do?

offcourse we all love this game, infact in my opinion beta2 is very better than beta1, so i'm defending it, i hope in the future a kart 100 with direct drive  ::)

Maybe I'm not expressing correctly... Neither do I about the autoblip. I like the engine stalling as you have to drive as in real life, but changing gears in Beta 2 it's not good. That's my opinion and I think I'm not alone here.
And also hoping to have a direct drive engine and ICA karts in the future!