• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:28:34 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Beta3

Started by Aritz, March 30, 2011, 11:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 15, 2011, 11:03:59 AM
Quote from: oppolo on May 09, 2011, 08:36:15 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on May 09, 2011, 01:40:42 PM
- new: new kart chassis
what are the differences between crg and tony?

Don't expect physical differences between the two chassis.
They will be exactly the same in Beta3, while waiting for data from the manufacturer.

awesome! I hope the kart companies embrace KRP.  This is the best bar none
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Arrowjmax4

siched for the new chassis!!!! had a look on youtube and it looks awesome! will there be a template release for the crg pods?

Marco Dakic

Quote from: Arrowjmax4 on May 16, 2011, 10:04:47 AM
siched for the new chassis!!!! had a look on youtube and it looks awesome! will there be a template release for the crg pods?

Normally i think, or you think that PiBoSo Realesed without Template :-D
3D Modeling :D

Aritz

A little progress report?

Thank you :)

Josi

May 19, 2011, 12:46:27 PM #34 Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:51:01 PM by Josi
CRG looks awesome. More karts in the future will be great.
Hoping to have in this Beta 3 the KS1 to have same feeling changing gears as in Beta 1.
Right now the KC3 is the more realistic and funniest one.
I don't know the difficulties for AI but I think it would be great to have the option.
Anyways, thanks a lot PiBoSo for such an amazing work.
All of us hoping you to achieve the right help for improving this GREAT SIMULATOR.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on May 17, 2011, 07:50:54 PM

Maybe later today.

oppolo

Quote from: Josi on May 19, 2011, 12:46:27 PM

Hoping to have in this Beta 3 the KS1 to have same feeling changing gears as in Beta 1.

I don't know the difficulties for AI but I think it would be great to have the option.

i really hope not, it would be a step back 'cos now the changing gears of ks1 is very good

Piboso said no way at the moment

Aritz

Quote from: oppolo on May 19, 2011, 03:53:14 PMnow the changing gears of ks1 is very good

no, it is not good. It is very difficult to gear up, you have to lift off too much the gas pedal.

oppolo

Quote from: Aritz on May 19, 2011, 04:17:53 PM
Quote from: oppolo on May 19, 2011, 03:53:14 PMnow the changing gears of ks1 is very good

no, it is not good. It is very difficult to gear up, you have to lift off too much the gas pedal.
i have g25 and for me it's not how you say, only a little bit of lift of the gas pedal then push the gear lever and the gear is up, i have had to training it so much for to do this quickly but it works well

oppolo

Quote from: oppolo on May 19, 2011, 05:09:26 PM
Quote from: Aritz on May 19, 2011, 04:17:53 PM

i have g25 and for me it's not how you say, only a little bit of lift of the gas pedal then push the gear lever and the gear is up, i have had to training it so much for to do this quickly but it works well

here is a replay at goldenport http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R0WNYTFQ

richard watson

[/quote]
[/quote]

I have to disagree with oppolo: the current shifting of the ks1 is unrealistic both with and without shift help. Your point that it takes training is proof of this. I have missed maybe 3 upshifts in 5 years of racing real life shifter karts, and I would put those down to times when my shift linkage was coming out of adjustment. In KRP i have completed perhaps 3 laps out of hundreds where there was no problem with the upshift. I have given my real life karts to countless newbs with no experince to drive and though they dont know when to shift, when they want an upshift, it goes in! Shifter karts are very easy to shift in real life - easier than just about any other vehicle you could imagine! (except probably an F1 car).

I am using a G27 wheel with default settings- i dont know if there is some kind of button dwell setting or what that would fix this?

Sorry for the rant, but this bug completely ruins the sim for me, which just kills me because I really want to enjoy it!

PiBoSo

Quote from: PiBoSo on May 19, 2011, 12:48:18 PM
Quote from: Aritz on May 17, 2011, 07:50:54 PM

Maybe later today.

Still working on the latest, endless, details...

oppolo

May 20, 2011, 01:20:38 AM #42 Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:29:42 AM by oppolo
Quote from: richard watson on May 20, 2011, 12:14:53 AM
I have to disagree with oppolo: the current shifting of the ks1 is unrealistic both with and without shift help. Your point that it takes training is proof of this. I have missed maybe 3 upshifts in 5 years of racing real life shifter karts, and I would put those down to times when my shift linkage was coming out of adjustment. In KRP i have completed perhaps 3 laps out of hundreds where there was no problem with the upshift. I have given my real life karts to countless newbs with no experince to drive and though they dont know when to shift, when they want an upshift, it goes in! Shifter karts are very easy to shift in real life - easier than just about any other vehicle you could imagine! (except probably an F1 car).

I am using a G27 wheel with default settings- i dont know if there is some kind of button dwell setting or what that would fix this?

Sorry for the rant, but this bug completely ruins the sim for me, which just kills me because I really want to enjoy it!

there is no trick about g25 or g27

i haven't experience with real kart but i suppose that i can do gear up only when the engine is not pulling, isn't it?
and this is what happens in krp, only a little bit lift the gas and the gear goes up

here is another replay (goldenport) showing how quickly krp can gear up (i don't know about shift help because i never use any helps) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I2AW7TCU

anyway this is not real, is a game, and a game has compromises, in this case we can't pull the shift lever until the engine is pulling, if we pull the shift lever and then lift, the gear doesn't go up

sramesed

Quote from: oppolo on May 20, 2011, 01:20:38 AM

i haven't experience with real kart but i suppose that i can do gear up only when the engine is not pulling, isn't it?
and this is what happens in krp, only a little bit lift the gas and the gear goes up

here is another replay (goldenport) showing how quickly krp can gear up (i don't know about shift help because i never use any helps) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I2AW7TCU

anyway this is not real, is a game, and a game has compromises, in this case we can't pull the shift lever until the engine is pulling, if we pull the shift lever and then lift, the gear doesn't go up

damn.. you havn't got any experience with real shifter karts.. then don't talk.. i drive KZ2 a lot of years but i testet krp with and without idle help.. but without it isn't possible to shift up as an real kart.. it isn't possible because you have to lift too much and that sucks a little bit..!! und with the shift help the downshiftig isn't good.. if you are breaking the gear doesn't go down.. and in real karts you can shift down whenever you want and it goes very easy.. i really love this simulator .. it's fantastic.. not as the mod in rfactor.. that really sucks.. but i think the ks1 needs an update to shift better and the online mod must be getting better.. all other things are great.. the game doesn't need any new karts and body kits.. it just need a good online mod without lagging too much and then all other things can be upgreated!

best regards stefan

oppolo

May 20, 2011, 09:39:04 AM #44 Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 09:47:09 AM by oppolo
Quote from: sramesed on May 20, 2011, 08:35:23 AM
Quote from: oppolo on May 20, 2011, 01:20:38 AM

damn.. you havn't got any experience with real shifter karts.. then don't talk.. i drive KZ2 a lot of years but i testet krp with and without idle help.. but without it isn't possible to shift up as an real kart.. it isn't possible because you have to lift too much and that sucks a little bit..!! und with the shift help the downshiftig isn't good.. if you are breaking the gear doesn't go down.. and in real karts you can shift down whenever you want and it goes very easy.. i really love this simulator .. it's fantastic.. not as the mod in rfactor.. that really sucks.. but i think the ks1 needs an update to shift better and the online mod must be getting better.. all other things are great.. the game doesn't need any new karts and body kits.. it just need a good online mod without lagging too much and then all other things can be upgreated!

best regards stefan

i have experiences with motorbike engines, so a question for real drivers: is it possible to shift up when the engine is pulling?

anyway, the main point is that some people say that shift up is too slow, so, have you seen my replay? shift up is very fast and i drive ks1 very well, and i repeat again, but this is the last one i promise, it's enought only lift the gas a little bit and not all the pedal, it's enough the engine doesn't pull, please try it
(i don't consider at all any helps in this game so i don't know the behavier with them)

as i said, sims are also compromises, remove this feature causes it can be possible shifter at any revs and this is bad, or not?