• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:28:21 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

"Reset to Track" button....

Started by Matthijs050, March 28, 2011, 12:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthijs050

Ok, i've red some good suggestions below in this forum, and hopefully, Piboso try to put some in the next release, we see... ::)

But above all, there is one anoying thing i hate. Nothing is more frustrating then, get stuck on a curb, stuck in the gravel, or face forward against a tyre barrier of something like that.  :-[ Maybe i did not see the right setting/option for it, but could you make a "Reset to Track" button??????

T.J. Koyen

Agreed. I can barely get out of the pits at Kerpen without crashing into the tires and I have to go back to the garage every time.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

aireisor

While I see the point and fully understand it. I don't think "reset to track" would be appropriate. Imagine yourself driving and then somebody pops up on the road doing resetting.

Maybe pushing a kart should be more effective..?

Matthijs050

Quote from: aireisor on March 28, 2011, 05:51:21 PM
While I see the point and fully understand it. I don't think "reset to track" would be appropriate. Imagine yourself driving and then somebody pops up on the road doing resetting.

Maybe pushing a kart should be more effective..?

I agree with you, just popping up in front of another racer would not be a proper way. Its to arcade...
But somekind of reverse function or a reverse push button, so you could push yourself in reverse, and continue the race or session, is a better solution. I'am curious what Piboso has to say on this idea !

alphafloor

In the settings, you can assign a key to "reverse" (i think the name is "slow forward" "slow backward"= that's the one you're looking for). It's not a very powerful reverse though, so it's gonna help but in some cases you will still be stuck. Although I also find it a bit frustrating, it adds to the realism of the game to have to go back to the pits after a crash/an offtrack excursion.

Aritz

In real world, and this a simulator, almost always you can bring the kart to the track without big problems. So yes, we need a better way to do that because actual slow backward doesn't work in many cases. It still uses wheel rotation I think and with a kart, we should push the kart manually even if it is completely blocked or upside down :D

aireisor

I've got an idea. The kart could be reset to the nearest safe area, such as run offs and links between the track. Many tracks have these.

Matthijs050

Quote from: aireisor on March 31, 2011, 03:14:30 AM
I've got an idea. The kart could be reset to the nearest safe area, such as run offs and links between the track. Many tracks have these.

Hmmm....if you wanna honor the simulation, then i think the solution of Aritz is the best in my opinion :
"we should push the kart manually even if it is completely blocked or upside down"