• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[REAL] La Sarrée (WIP 50%) DL Link Updated 11 sept.

Started by FRAOrion, September 07, 2013, 07:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRAOrion

September 07, 2013, 07:25:35 PM Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:21:03 AM by FRAOrion
11/09/2013 (dd/mm/yyyy)
[WIP]
- Track shape (100%)
- Track height (100%)
- Track grass (50%)
- Track scenery (5%)

Here you can download the track : La Sarree WIP Niv.pkz
Keep in mind it's just WIP but always better than video ;)
Lots of graphical bugs and bad grass shape but track fully drivable
Hope you'll enjoy it

Hi guys,

I wanted to do the only track where I am driving in France to help the KRP community but I've got a little problem.

Below you can see two tracks. The blue one is the most important.

Here is my problem: I did the red track to make me train, with Aritz Tuto, and it's works pefectly. So I decided to make the blue one to share it with community but when I try to START on KRP, the game crashes.  ???
Have you got any idea please? I really want to help the KRP community as did Aritz for exemple.

Thanks guys

( Thanks a lot to Aritz for the BtB tuto ;) )

Aritz

Thx I am glad to hear that someone has follow it with success.

What you say is probably because you didnt make the centerline or merge it after closing it. Did you?

FRAOrion

Yeah I did. After merge, the line is red under the purple one right? I even have trouble when trying to put my pits in absolute position ^^

Aritz

I don't know... Let us see the race data, pits, grid, centerline, etc of the track editor whatever you think it may be wrong

FRAOrion

You seem to be sure it's a bug with "tracked", happy to know it ^^ I'll try again to be sure. If you want I can send you the files by PM.
It can't be an error with bitmap or name of objects in 3ds?

Aritz

I say that because it is the easiest to fix... In the worst scenario, the track is wrong and that will be a worse problem

Take the screenshots ;)

FRAOrion

Screenshots from "Btb", "3ds" and then "tracked"

When I try to put the "pits" in absolute position, tracked crashes ... :/

Aritz

You didn't make the finish line, nor the splits. The corridors are wrong also, you have to adjust the values until 2 corridors appear (now there are in the same place)

FRAOrion

September 07, 2013, 11:19:24 PM #8 Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:28:56 PM by FRAOrion
Oops  :-X Thanks a lot for your help now it's working ;D

But still have a problem with pit position. I would like to set it in the blue slot upper left and it still in the blue circle on the start line. Maybe it's possible to do it with relative?

Aritz

PM me with the track files if you want, I'll see them tomorrow

MAP, TRP, etc

Aritz

You have many mistaken values in TRP file.

-Left values always are - and you have sometimes - and sometimes +

-Pits are wrong placed. There are all in the same place and just in the starting line. You should use relative values for the pits, it worked for me that way. Remember +-

-Make more checkpoints for avoiding shortcuts ;) Plus make them longer, they are too short. And give them a penalty, without it they are useless (the value means seconds) Remember +-

-Since you didn't sent me all the files, I cannot test it. Are you sure that you are using all the files in the track folder? Ambient files, marshalls, cameras, etc. If you don't know how to edit them yet, copy them from a working track and edit their names. Same for the INI file, which you have to edit too (track name, etc) Open a working one and follow the structure

FRAOrion

Fixed -Left values always are - and you have sometimes - and sometimes +

Fixed -Pits are wrong placed. There are all in the same place and just in the starting line. You should use relative values for the pits, it worked for me that way. Remember +-

Fixed -Make more checkpoints for avoiding shortcuts ;) Plus make them longer, they are too short. And give them a penalty, without it they are useless (the value means seconds) Remember +-

Quote from: Aritz on September 08, 2013, 11:02:15 AM
-Since you didn't sent me all the files, I cannot test it. Are you sure that you are using all the files in the track folder? Ambient files, marshalls, cameras, etc. If you don't know how to edit them yet, copy them from a working track and edit their names. Same for the INI file, which you have to edit too (track name, etc) Open a working one and follow the structure

I'm sure i'm not using all the files  :P as marshalls, cameras, etc. I'm just taking Lonato folder and put my .MAP .RDF .TRP files into Lonato folder. Changing names and .INI options as in your tutorial. I'm using only 5 .tga wich are:
road_tarmac001.tga  ground_grass002.tga  White_top.tga  White_side.tga  ripple003.tga   (in tga folder)
So maybe I have Lonato's cameras, marshalls and etc. I really don't know.  :-\

Aritz

forget your track TGAs (ripples, grass...), they are only needed for MAP creation, which is MAX's job. What INI file needs is the yourtrack.map (a photo of the real track for example) and pic_info (top view of the track)

FRAOrion

Ok I know how to do it. I just wanted to make the track for the moment.
Can you explain me (easily as possible if you can or with youtube video) how to smooth the track because it's really hard to do it with Btb and the only way I found it's with Turbo Smooth for exemple. But i'm always bumping :/ I'm sure the best way is to do all the track with 3ds right? ^^

Aritz

Are you using cambers? Are the track heights real, are they following a real environment with different heights?

No, it is not easier in 3ds Max than BTB, it is almost the same way. If your track is not smooth, you did something wrong.

First of all, you have a big problem: You didn't delete overlapped polygons where the track has its optional different layouts. You have to fix that, probably is where you are bumping