• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:48:17 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

my lame duck system... can't wait to upgrade.

Started by DjFIL, March 17, 2011, 05:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjFIL

I've been away from PC gaming for years, sticking excusively to consoles... mostly due to cost and convenice.  In the up coming 9-12 months I plan to get back in to PC gaming with a serious 3 screen setup (seeing a friend's setup made me envious).  Seeing this game makes me very excited to get back in to PC gaming.  I've been wanting a good karting simulation for a long time, since Midas' Super 1 Karting.  I currently use a Macbook as my daily user (also for club DJing).  I also have a cheeply put together ($420) computer that I use normally as a torrent downloading and video streaming (to my Xbox 360) system, normally I don't even have a monitor hooked up to it.

I just borrowed a (17" LCD) monitor, and got a cheap (HK knock-off that works) Xbox 360 Wireless adapter.  The adapter works just fine with my Microsoft Xbox 360 FFB Wheel... only disapointment is no FFB support, and Gas/Brake is sharing an axis.  Again this system isn't really designed for gaming, and doesn't even have expansion ability to add a video card.  It is running Windows 7 on a Shuttle K48 (GMA 950 Graphics) w/ an Intel E5200 (Dual-Core @ 2.5GHz) and 2GB RAM (224MB assigned to video).  I wasn't excepting much for graphical power, but I've been trying out some of my older titles with decient results.  But with Kart Racing Pro I was hoping it'd get a bit more.

All games are set to minimum graphical options at 800x600x16bit. (LFS did have a few settings not at minimum)

Live for Speed (S1 Licence Unlocked, version Z28)... 30-70 FPS (depending if solo lapping, or with up to 3 AI)

Richard Burns Rally (version 1.02)... 30-40 FPS

Kart Racing Pro (beta 2)... 15-30 FPS

It was still fun, even though frame rate makes it barely playable.  It's unfortunate that I can't get a real taste of it before my new system purchase coming at the end of the year.  Was hoping with the low graphical levels (comparable visuals to the other games at similar settings) that I get a 25-30FPS rate.  Overall I do see my self purchasing a licence once I have my new system, and really look forward to getting on the track.

Stark

Try a program called "Gamebooster". Helps if you have alot of programs running that slows down the pc. Might help a little bit.  :)
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio