• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:00 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Our personal 3D model projects, post yours

Started by Aritz, June 28, 2013, 01:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

I am working on a DH bike, my own bike. Everything is done with 3D Max for now, but I am thinking to start learning Solidworks because I think this program is better for mechanized pieces.

I have thousends of hours of work yet, most of them will be learning, because complex pieces are very hard!

laraarsa

Ryan Harris

Aritz, thats crazy. I really hope you do invest some time into making new models for KRP once you have put the time into learning the process and all that! So cool.

Aritz

Thank you guys, I hope someday I can make these models for living :D

Today's work. I make the hub and started with the spokes:

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Aritz

Aritz

Adriano Augusto

beautiful job.
i reccomend you to use Unigraphics NX or Catia. they are a parametrical CAD/CAM/CAE, and this softwares are used to create the most of products that we see.  ;)

Aritz

Quote from: Adriano Augusto on July 03, 2013, 02:28:11 AM
beautiful job.
i reccomend you to use Unigraphics NX or Catia. they are a parametrical CAD/CAM/CAE, and this softwares are used to create the most of products that we see.  ;)

Yes, I know but I want to learn 3Ds Max first, step by step. Frist modelling, then animation, etc :)

Cory_Hayes

LauZzZn

Im working on a watch, its a school project. I haven't got much detail and textures yet but im still working on it. and its only for school ;D
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Aritz

You should use turbosmooth or nurbs for a better smoothing. You will need more edges and strategically situated though. But once you understand how, you will upgrade one step your models as I did :)

Ryan Harris

LauZzZn

Quote from: Aritz on July 05, 2013, 06:21:13 PM
You should use turbosmooth or nurbs for a better smoothing. You will need more edges and strategically situated though. But once you understand how, you will upgrade one step your models as I did :)
thanks mate ;) i already tried a meshsmooth and played around with settings. the buttons on the sice for example look now much better.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Alex10