• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:14:07 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Call for trackbuilding challenge !

Started by kill_em_all, May 31, 2013, 09:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kill_em_all

Hi, talented modders and trackbuilding artists, I dare you for this challenge!  :D

I posted a question a few weeks ago about building a track for KRP to which I had good access, the owners were nice enough to give me a few hours to take all the pics and measurements I wanted.

So, I got the pictures, and some measurements of track surface. Unfortunately I could not take general elevation measures, I did not have surveyor tools. The track elevation is very discrete, maximum half a meter between the lowest and the highest point, but when you are there around the track,the elevation and inclination is visible. Not sure it will be on a coputer screen, even if replicated perfectly.

The track is very new, high quality grippy tarmac, with nice sweeping turns and bends. I realize how important laser scanning should be for elevation and track inclinations, it makes a huge difference. I just hope the game physics is sensitive to the 0.5-1.5 degree angle changes.

There are no trees arpound, but there is some high grass close to the track, curious how could that be brought into KRP. There a high mountains at the horizon.

This is my call to you, I would be very happy if somebody will be interested to invest his time into making a Piboso quality replica of the track. ;)

I'm not just asking for the effort and lay on my back, I will provide all the pics, (approx 2 gb), and I'm willing to help as much as I can with textures, and in 3DS Max, with a bit of guidance.

Why don't I just shut up and do it all by myself? Cause it would take me a lifetime to learn 3DS Max at such a pro level, for the track to come out exquisite, and it would be a pity not doing it faster and better.

Attached a pano I made from the building's balcony.

All the best!