• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 05:52:29 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Really need al drivers!!!!!

Started by ParkourAsh_CM, May 28, 2013, 07:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParkourAsh_CM

Really need al drivers offline, no one online guys havent race for ages an even then there was only 3 :(  :( :( :( :( :(

Trädet!

oppolo

nmpcs

I agree.
There are many people complaining about the empty servers.
I think we must go online at different time zones or something like that.
AI drivers would put this game to another level......... we MUST have them....

Diddy4957

Part of the reason people don't go online is due to the lag, which PIBOSO is going to fix for beta 9 and 1.0. I doubt we will get AI for the game as no game has realistic AI, and its so much work. Its better to focus on the online and realism so we can race each other, then there will be people online. Also when the online is better people can arrange races for bigger grids as well. People have asked for AI before and PIBOSO said they wont put it in KRP then so i doubt it will happen for 1.0

Cory_Hayes

isn't like the video of the 60 mini like an AI? couldn't piboso make them faster and add a couple more into the game?

Sam Flintham

pretty sure i the mini 60 video it is just another PiBoSo employee

oppolo

Quote from: Diddy4957 on May 28, 2013, 11:44:08 PM
Part of the reason people don't go online is due to the lag, which PIBOSO is going to fix for beta 9 and 1.0. I doubt we will get AI for the game as no game has realistic AI, and its so much work. Its better to focus on the online and realism so we can race each other, then there will be people online. Also when the online is better people can arrange races for bigger grids as well. People have asked for AI before and PIBOSO said they wont put it in KRP then so i doubt it will happen for 1.0

I dont' think so, also in other simrace games, with an online better than KRP, there is few people online. At the moment only in LFS and Iracing, that has a particular online structure, we can be sure to be able to have pickup races.
AI is not realistic but if it is well done and set for our skill, can be fun drive against it and we can learn also some things staying behind an AI

Diddy4957

True, but look at the championships people tried to organise but couldn't due to the online. Those races at least will have a full grid. Most of the time I doubt whether there would be more than 10 or so people in a race, but that would still be more fun than the online races we have at the moment, where more than 3 people causes too much lag.

oppolo

yep, as regard championships you are right, but it needs also guys organize them and it requires times and energy. look at the games where online is possible also with 20 clients, leagues are not so much. I'd like sometime to have a pickup race but it is impossible everywhere except few games, that's why I make offline races with AI, when I want where I want

Cross

Give us a way to race without others having to be online. Setup up 10 lap or ten minute or whatever length races and have them run for a month. You can then go online and run the 10 lap race getting your time to complete ten laps that will be put into a leader board with the times from everyone that did the race. You get multiple tries(limit can be set when the race is created) to put in your best race/time. This is how VRC Pro does almost all of there races and it is very successful. This gets to be a great way to push yourself. It will keep people coming back since you can actually race with out anyone having to be online. No time constraints just race when you have the time to be online.

ParkourAsh_CM

I mean i haven't played this game in weeks now its that annoying :( boring just on your own.

oppolo

Quote from: ^^ SpOOnziLLa ^^ on June 05, 2013, 12:48:10 AM
I mean i haven't played this game in weeks now its that annoying :( boring just on your own.
try to compete against yourself with your trainer.
or against mine
f100, essay, air temp 20, no wind

also other people could post them ones   :P

nmpcs

It's not really the same as competing directly with an AI opponent but it's better than racing alone :)

oppolo

June 05, 2013, 01:24:14 PM #14 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:29:32 PM by oppolo
Quote from: nmpcs on June 05, 2013, 11:28:04 AM
It's not really the same as competing directly with an AI opponent but it's better than racing alone :)
I began to race with my trainer some days ago, I can compare directly different setups, carb, gear ratio, different lines ecc