• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Will KRP help me in anyway with actual real karting

Started by jplanaux, April 28, 2013, 01:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplanaux

Newbie here. I'm still doing my due diligence. I'm not into video games, but I am into karting. I was talking to a couple of drivers at a race last weekend. Both swore that racing sims is helpful. Help Satisfy the skeptic in me. I'm a racer and looking for any advantage. I'm still new to kart racing (1 year).

If you don't mind, please explain to me how KRP has helped or does not help your real world karting.

I just don't want to spend a lot of time or money for something that is not going to help me race real karts. I'll probably order a wheel anyway this week and give it a go.

Dan Buck

for sure! it will teach you how to setup a real karting (i myself learned a lot here to be honest)...

it will help you being constant and racing clean... and will bring you joy! :D
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

JamieP

I have to agree that it does help in real life as well. I have raced karts on and off for about 10 years (according to budget) and racing sims for about 2 years. While I was never a front runner, the racing consistency and concentration has come back much quicker and also much improved since I started sim racing.

I am about to have another race after a 14 month absence from karting and I have no doubt it would be much harder to get up to speed if I was not racing online.

Cory_Hayes

I dont think it has helped me in anyway.............because it is just simply not the same as driving a real kart............

Nathan Dunnett

I don't think KRP helped me much, but it could be very helpful for a newer and less experienced driver improve without having to go to the track. It's not exactly the same as real life, but the same principles apply in the way that you have to drive on here compared to real life. Counter steering is slow, sliding is slow, and mid-corner speed is very important. KRP can help you get into the habit of driving smooth. ;)

Praga91

i Agree with Corey, in no way has this game helped me in actual Karting, There is no relevance to the set ups, when would you ever run 14-18 degrees caster in the dry.?
If Everything Seems Under Control. You Are Not Going Fast Enough! - Mario Andretti.

Live Life at Full Pace, Never Look Back. Love Driving for Praga!! <3

Nathan Dunnett

I've run 22 degrees caster in the dry and set lap records....

Praga91

May 02, 2013, 08:24:08 AM #7 Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:25:48 AM by Praga91
hahahahahahahahaha. ok. i am talking about it Logically, you would never run that much caster on something as important as a National meeting, or a Round of WSK for example, there is too much grip to need it, i prefer to run Neutral in the front end, but hey its personal Preference i guess but no one does it over here.
If Everything Seems Under Control. You Are Not Going Fast Enough! - Mario Andretti.

Cory_Hayes

But like think about it Praga 2 thirds of the people on here are gumby sooo yeah

Praga91

KZ2_Iceman97

you have to remember guys, this game is still in beta stage so it isn't completely finished. A finished game and a beta version are completely different to each other and as Jamie said, it is a good training and preparation tool for if you aren't racing non stop but it isn't something you can rely on to keep you up at the front
Cameron Dance  • Marenello KZ2 driver • One of the youngest KZ2 drivers in NZ (16 years of age)
iceshard989 on YouTube • KZ2Iceman97 on Twitter • Cameron Scott Dance on Facebook

vigilante

being round warden law just like it mate best sim out there...