• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:36:52 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Rotax Max (FR 125)

Started by MRO, April 09, 2013, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris tkr

4-stroke master :)

rigo77

Eager to know how this is going... please do keep us updated when free.

Emil114

fmaisonnave

rigo77

MRO

Mauro

James Beer

MRO

ThankYou.. what isn't good is that in some parts of the year I have time, in other not at all..
but hopefully now can proceed faster
Mauro

Emil114

HamletBandit (tonykartmini)

MRO

update on engine.. nice question
well.. I'm working to Rotax Max for two reasons
- Rotax karting for web site applications and other use (whom I promised ready before end of year)
- KRP
but the two models have one point different: weight and triangles number.
Infact for Rotax karting official my work should be as detailed (and perfect) as possible,
same I started for KRP too, but Your SIM creator put some limits which keep too light your models.
The difference between my model and other KRP models is enormous,
and this because KRP preferred low quality models when projected software engine.
I already tested my models in KRP and they work, but actually can't say (UNTIL FINISHED) if they slow down or not..
so?
so I must calculate extra work to strongly decrease quality if my model slows down your game, and this makes impossible to say when Rotax Max will be ready.
hopefully once tested it works well, and this means "ready by one month only", but if it is too heavy (not heavy at all!! but "heavy compared with other KRP models") what should I say now?

frankly speaking, for all other sim I worked models were detailed, heavy and sophisticated (perfect and REAL, as You and me like) but we're now facing a possible problem which doesn't involve me, but the engineers that projected KRP at its beginning.
must check... anyhow I will never make a poor model to make it work in a sim, indeed, in that case better to use meaningless basic models.

what to say?
let's wait and hope.. I will know at the end of my efforts.
Mauro

MRO

any comment?
why all write for updates, but everytime I advise of a possible problem result is silence? >:(
Mauro

James Beer

ask piboso directly as he doesnt see every forum post people make, he has 3 forums to look at so not everyone gets seen ;)

laraarsa

Quote from: MRO on September 08, 2013, 03:57:07 PM
any comment?
why all write for updates, but everytime I advise of a possible problem result is silence? >:(
Please contact PiBoSo on this forum, it might take some time for him to respond however.

MRO

September 08, 2013, 05:19:07 PM #164 Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:23:07 PM by MRO
yes, tks, I already discussed with PiBoSo about this point some months ago
and my worry comes from his replies: I asked the maximum size average
and it is for this reason that I'm worried about KRP standard
but everytime I make tests it works quite well:

to make my tests I also use a very low performance graphic card,
so it immediately slows down in case of problems
(too easy to test with a top graphic card, nonsense)

so I'm proceeding because tests are giving good result till now:
but cannot test it for example in a race online, where it could be more critical situ

however nor PiBoSo can reply: he doesn't know (he said)
and my friend EVO is not replying to my mails: we had a daily update at the beginning, then he disappeared.. really don't know why (since he's expert of KRP performance, probably could know this tech detail)
Mauro