• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 01:32:48 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Rotax Max (FR 125)

Started by MRO, April 09, 2013, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRO

Mauro

Birel-Rotax 42

MRO

did you see the details, the valve spring and the sprockets teeth? 12 x small sprocket and over 70 for engine sprocket (72)
Mauro

Birel-Rotax 42

Details are astounding!  100% accurate! When I had to take the FP7 and Freeline bodywork from SolidWorks (3d CAD) to 3ds Max, I used the 3ds max modifiers "optimize" and "multi-res" in order to consolidate polygons. Similarly, I think that when you get it in game, I can apply reflective and specular maps to parts of the engine (to get a chrome/light shining effect)

Like this:

Can't wait!

Taddzy

mro how do you do it. im not a fan of rotax in anyway shape or for (even tho i have one) but this model for a game if just EPIC MAN keep up the work because it is going to be the best modelling of a rotax in a game iv ever seen
Senior TKM
TKM Southern Chamionship 2015
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2016
Super One Britsh Karting Championship 2017

Motorsport Photographer: https://www.facebook.com/MDTPhotography35/

MRO

of course, that was already planned.
as I told I'm doing the engine for Rotax and meanwhile for KRP: so I work with full details (at now over 200,000 triangles), and then simplify for KRP.
As example the most easy piece, the pick up - connector has 701 faces.
Mauro

MRO

Mauro

MRO

Great effect Birel-Rotax_42.
About "optimizer" option pay a lot of attemption: it is the easiest way to reduce poly or triangles, yes, but you must take care of detailed parameters:
if you don't do so, in a "full detailed work" risk is "bad interpretation of some very small shapes" and it creates distortions, wasting all
Mauro

MRO

updated and more refined
of course all part regarding engine are still without textures
(will follow at the end)
Mauro

Marco Dakic

3D Modeling :D

MRO

Mauro

Tr!st@n

This is just so awesome how much detail you put in every single part of the engine. Awesome!
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

MRO

Mauro

Tr!st@n

Wow everytime i hold a part of my engine next to the picture and say: "Its the same!" Great work!
FA Kart - IAME X30 Senior

MRO

Danke!
(now it's refined)
Mauro