• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:13:46 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

AI?

Started by oppolo, April 02, 2013, 04:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oppolo

I play games mostly offline, now I really feel the lack of AI in this game, sighting laps and rolling start with 15 or 20 AI would be great

Eslotes

If there is in the future it will very good but

Q: Is it possible to race offline against an AI?
A: No, and there are no plans to add it
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

oppolo

hmmm, why not? I play many games against AI

Serega

Quote from: oppolo on April 02, 2013, 05:57:30 PM
hmmm, why not? I play many games against AI
How many people work on this games? On the KRP work only Piboso, how i know... But earlier i'm ask question about AI, it would be great...

oppolo

hmm
it seems that now users can make also karts.
there is no any hurry
AI is much better than ghost car
if nobody asks, maybe it will never be planned

nmpcs

I agree.
AI would be awesome

Diddy4957

this has been asked for before but Its not something thats going to happen probably. This is a simulator and every game I have ever played with AI the AI do not behave as a person would. Also playing people online is a lot more fun then playing AI, and the online should be fixed by the end of the year so we will be able to race with more than 5 people in a room  :D

oppolo

I'm used to those Gmotor based sims that simulate a real championship (GSC FT GTR2 GTL) , many times is much better open an offline race with 30 AI than open a server and wait for 2 or 3 people when lucky

when the AI is set for my skill I have so much fun offline but I know it is only matter of individual preferences

on the contrary, if there is league that organizes championships, then online races have an important sense, otherwise it remain, in my opinion, a very nice addon

anyway, don't even think that online we are all in the same level. some guys run at 200 FPS and others at 40, some have 3 monitor and others a small one, some have a ping at 50 and others at 300, some modified the point of view for going faster not caring how real it could be, and so on.
and in the games with live track, also rank loose importance

oppolo

well

1 hour of practise and nobody joined my server, and  not in the middle of night or in the morning, but during a time that people watch TV or play with thears PC

But it's not a problem only in KRP, it's the same for all others sims I have, I open a server with any aids and nobody join it

I don't like join pubblic servers where are some aids, but in all sims, almost all servers have some aid, antilock brakes or free view or automatic clutch etc

at least in game as GSC FT GTR2 I go offline and do a race with 30 AI

if would have been AI in KRP, in 1 hour I would have made a race with 20 karts

that's why I would like to have AI, got it?

Schwoni

there is a problem i think, your server show no ping and i couldn`t join it last days.

oppolo

Quote from: Schwoni on April 04, 2013, 11:56:46 PM
there is a problem i think, your server show no ping and i couldn`t join it last days.
:-[ DAnke! router was setting for wireless but I had cable

nmpcs

as a matter of fact, the same happened to me...
I was trying to connect to your server but I couldn't because it had no ping.
Still I think you're absolutely right about AI and I'm sure that this would put more people to play the game :)

LauZzZn

i think the same about AI
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

maxrod

It would be good to have AI, but we have been here before.

oppolo

- yep, it was wrong the settings of the router, sorry

- thanks for supporting AI request