• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:36:32 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Has anybody tried a buttkicker?

Started by aireisor, March 02, 2011, 08:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aireisor

Hello,

Has anybody tried a buttkicker in kart racing pro?
Does it work with this sim and how well? Is it more immersive with it and are there any advantages in having one?
And finally is it worth buying it for this simulator only?

For people who don't know what it is. It's a silent subwoofer that converts basses into vibrations. So you can feel engine
s vibrations, track irregularities, rumble strips and so forth.

maxrod

This is a few weeks old but i will post this, yes it works, it is worth it if you play other race sim like rfactor works well with this, If you get one make sure u set it up, AS IT WILL OVER HEAT IF YOU SET IT TO HIGH AND START TO CUT OUT.

aireisor

Thanks maxrod for answering.

I just wondered if it works good with KRP, as I don't play any other sims at the moment.

So is it worth it for this sim only? Do the curbs feel good, do you feel the engine vibration?

maxrod

I use it all the time yes it works well for this sim best in low revs and curbs i find it works well for all the rest and u have allways got it in the future, as i say make sure u set it up, if ran in red all time it will over heat, as i did when i first got it,

Larees

Yes, I use a buttkicker on all my racing sims (won't bore you with the long list of them).

Definitely is working with KRP. Very good on curbs and some low rev action that is very immersive. Like some other sims it could do with a a better audio file to suit buttkicker better. But you will enjoy the added dimension if you get one.

aireisor

Now a new question.

I really want to buy a buttkicker, but at the same time to use 5.1 or 7.1 headphones.
How to make this happen please  ::)

maxrod

you run the buttkicker off your sound card it has a splitter as it runs off same output cable as speakers, I use head phone socket in speaker volume control on my logitech speakers. hope this make sence.