• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:50:59 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Engines / karts

Started by PiBoSo, March 22, 2013, 03:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Starting with Beta8, physics files ( .cfg and .engn ) of the engines and karts ( .cfg ) are unencrypted.
It should now be possible to create new engines and new karts ( combining the different chassis / engines ).

Nathan Dunnett

This is awesome to hear, can't wait to start messing around with stuff that I shouldn't. :D

nmpcs

Quote from: jnl.42 on March 22, 2013, 04:40:38 PM
This is awesome to hear, can't wait to start messing around with stuff that I shouldn't. :D
:D hehehe. I hope you do a good job ;)

EVO

Will it work in multiplayer?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

PiBoSo

Quote from: EVO on March 22, 2013, 05:33:45 PM

It should work if you create a new kart, but not if you modify an existing one.

jd88x89

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 22, 2013, 05:49:14 PM

So, if the other person also has the modified kart, would they still be able to race with u?

PiBoSo

Quote from: jd88x89 on March 22, 2013, 07:37:33 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 22, 2013, 05:49:14 PM

So, if the other person also has the modified kart, would they still be able to race with u?

It should be possible. Please report if there are problems.

jd88x89

jd88x89

Okay, can u give me a base on how to change and edit an engine? And will it be possible eventually to model engines and put them in the game?
Thanks, jd88x89

EVO

you can model engines now you just have to scale and position them in the right place which may take awhile without a basic 3dmax scene template. I did it for the airboxes ill do it for a simple KT100.

jd88x89

Quote from: EVO on March 22, 2013, 08:44:10 PM
you can model engines now you just have to scale and position them in the right place which may take awhile without a basic 3dmax scene template. I did it for the airboxes ill do it for a simple KT100.

That would be awesome. Thxs. So what ur saying is just follow ur airbox tutorial?

EVO

if we want to make sounds how long is each sample?  are they straight forward like their names?  kart_idle.wav  ,  kart_offhigh.wav kart_onhigh.wav

Arrowjmax4 can you record the sound next dyno runs you see and run the engine under high and low load (rev up and down fast as well as slow).  What pipe do you use on your engines in the dyno?

PiBoSo

Quote from: EVO on March 23, 2013, 04:45:37 PM
if we want to make sounds how long is each sample?  are they straight forward like their names?  kart_idle.wav  ,  kart_offhigh.wav kart_onhigh.wav

Arrowjmax4 can you record the sound next dyno runs you see and run the engine under high and low load (rev up and down fast as well as slow).  What pipe do you use on your engines in the dyno?

Samples must be recorded at a fixed RPM, and saved as mono. They must be loopable.

PiBoSo

March 24, 2013, 02:21:29 PM #14 Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:24:20 PM by PiBoSo
A quick reference to calculate the ballast weight:

- KF-A ( no front brakes ): 55 kg, including tyres and bodywork.
- KF-B ( front brakes ) and KZ ( combined brakes ): 60 kg, including tyres and bodywork.
- driver: 70 kg

Example: KF1.
Ballast weight = 160kg ( regulations ) - 70kg ( driver ) - 60kg ( chassis, bodywork, tyres ) - 15kg ( KF1 engine and radiator ) = 15kg.

For the position: X+ is right, Y+ is UP and Z+ is forward.