• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:24:42 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

FFB strenth

Started by Piers Prior, January 08, 2013, 10:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piers Prior

Does anyone know how yo turn the FFB up more as i have it at 150% and FFB is enabled in game, in rfactor it is wayyyyyyy higher, is there any code i can change maybe Thanks for your help ( just go new fanatec csr :D )
The world is your lobster

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hispinkness Prior on January 08, 2013, 10:18:18 PM
Does anyone know how yo turn the FFB up more as i have it at 150% and FFB is enabled in game, in rfactor it is wayyyyyyy higher, is there any code i can change maybe Thanks for your help ( just go new fanatec csr :D )

Please note that with values higher than 100% the wheel is clipping a lot of forces, and then you are losing a lot of information about the kart dynamics.

Pentti Hilkuri

I've never understood people using over 100% FFB. Every game I've ever tried/played has been absolutely horrible with over 100% FFB. Stiffer steering does not equal realism.

Other day I tried KRP with 100+ % ffb, and even 105 felt much worse than 100. Actually in many sims I lower the ffb, but in KRP 100% feels just right. Might be good to mention that I'm using T500 RS with 60% strenght in TM control panel.

Piers Prior

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 08, 2013, 11:59:13 PM

Please note that with values higher than 100% the wheel is clipping a lot of forces, and then you are losing a lot of information about the kart dynamics.
wow i was loosing a lot of kart dynamics and i haven't lost much force either, piboso to the rescue once more :) thanks
The world is your lobster

Diddy4957

Quote from: Hispinkness Prior on January 09, 2013, 10:16:05 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 08, 2013, 11:59:13 PM

wow i was loosing a lot of kart dynamics and i haven't lost much force either, piboso to the rescue once more :) thanks
I didn't realize that the higher ffb cost the feel for kart dynamics either. Thanks piboso  :)

Pentti Hilkuri

Good read about ffb strenght. Author is a developer of sim (Game Stock Car 2012) that have one of the best, if not the best, ffb in the market.