• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:46:37 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

More adjustable cockpit view

Started by chadsmith20, December 06, 2010, 03:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadsmith20

I would like to see more adjustment in the cockpit view, for example;

FOV adjustment between 30 and 70 I know you can change this in profile.ini, but the sim seems to override that at certain times.

I would also like to see seat adjustment - forward - back - up - down. Of course you can limit these. It is just that with a FOV of 60 the kart is barely visible, lowering the view a little bit would be nice.

devotid

the adjustsments are pretty good but i could also move the "view" down some as the gauges fall directly behind my full size steering wheel:(

+1 on the cockpit height adjustments.

Kevin

Wulle

Quote from: devotid on December 06, 2010, 06:33:16 PM
... but i could also move the "view" down some as the gauges fall directly behind my full size steering wheel:(
Have you already tried to use pitch slider to adjust this? Can be found in Settings -> Simulator tab

devotid

yes i have tried the pitch slider....but....when i angle the view up "high" enough to see my gauges below my wheel, i cannot see the front tires.  When i can not see the front tires it feels like im sitting on the front wing of a F1 car..not sitting in a kart.... i love to be able to see the feet working and having the tire in view so i can just touch it on the curbing.

iracing did the samething with the "pitch angle" but they are also rendering the three screens independent.....so it works a little different.......this KRP is "wrapping" the image around me on three screens and not giving me a "window" to the 3d world.

is it a really big deal the way that iracing renders the three screens independently?  it make SO much difference the way images are not distorted when they are on the side screens.

M. Chase 53

I agree, it would be great to adjust the cockpit view for when I am in my real kart, I notice feet movement and tiers, and having it so you can see the front tiers just a little more to "touch" the curbing would be great. faster laps is the key to success! (:  ;)
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but you live to fight another day.

M. Chase 53

I just tried this today and it seems to work very well! go into Settings-->Simulation, then *check* the free look box then click Mouse Look! then go to the game and play with your mouse to find your appropriate view. I can see the wheel and tiers fully now; allowing me to "kiss" the curbing on apex and exit. the pitch slider will help too! but make sure during game play not to hit your mouse, for when you find your appropriate view it will change. I wish they have a lock option after you find your view with the mouse.

Try this and let me know what you think!!  ;D  ;)
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but you live to fight another day.