• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:47 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

problem Kerb

Started by malny, November 11, 2012, 06:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

@ GhostriderPL

the problem of the slippery curbs is the 3d shape, in kerpen for example also the .trp file is exported with 3d shape curbs. That make it slippery!
Piboso explained in reply # 15. I was at beginning of my modding career and didn`t knowed that. So it is like it is there.
Another "problem" in my opinion is that chassis friction or resistance if it scratch on ground is much too much in krp, my opinion.
Since beta 7 the axle lift is so extreme easy, i drive in KRP like in real, short and fast steerings, so the kart jump in corners without much drifitng. "anstellen"
You know what i mean, and since beta7 the rear axle lift that much in fast and hard corners, like in lonato that 90° right ( the first one) that the kart scratch with front chassis on ground and i overroll always -.-
That annoyed me so much that i stopped driving Beta 7 after 2 days. I hope Beat 8 will be better again, that i can come back :D

GhostriderPl

March 05, 2013, 10:29:04 PM #31 Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:07:46 PM by GhostriderPl
I exactly know what you mean.....and thats the reason why i lost the fun....i drive very "round" and always have the plus that i can drive other Gear-Settings (longer) because of that....

And the Corner in Lonato is a good example.....the Chassis is scratching in that second and you think that you are driving in the rain ;) ::) (with your driving style the other way) ;)

A have an opinion when talking about KRP (very good basics) but without much testing with real drivers there isnt a solution because only drivers can give the input that is needed for realism.....i dont want talk about THIS because nobody hear that  ;)  i only hope that Beta8 will be better :-\

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

GhostriderPl

I am sad, because PIBOSO nothing says to this problem, which in my opinon is a BIG one :(

The Curbs are on EVERY track like shit..........such a good sim, but looking great isnt the right way.
In real I NEVER stuck on a curb....The chain can get off, but stuck on it...no way..

Why this is so a big problem in this sim?  Other sims havent this problem ::) :-\

In Lydd i come off track and cant get on it again for example......

PIBOSO, take some guys from here and let them test and give their opinions to you!! Because THIS is the only way to make a great sim....Giving 1000 Betas isnt the right way (in my opinion)...There's a GREAT Basic....but without help it would be a "game" with good graphics....And even you dont want that i think ;)

Think about it, because lots of very fast drivers leave at the moment because it is frustrating.....and i think you make the sim for another reason....FUN and Realism ;) :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

LauZzZn

Quote from: GhostriderPl on March 06, 2013, 07:43:15 PM
I am sad, because PIBOSO nothing says to this problem, which in my opinon is a BIG one :(

The Curbs are on EVERY track like shit..........such a good sim, but looking great isnt the right way.
In real I NEVER stuck on a curb....The chain can get off, but stuck on it...no way..

Why this is so a big problem in this sim?  Other sims havent this problem ::) :-\

In Lydd i come off track and cant get on it again for example......

PIBOSO, take some guys from here and let them test and give their opinions to you!! Because THIS is the only way to make a great sim....Giving 1000 Betas isnt the right way (in my opinion)...There's a GREAT Basic....but without help it would be a "game" with good graphics....And even you dont want that i think ;)

Think about it, because lots of very fast drivers leave at the moment because it is frustrating.....and i think you make the sim for another reason....FUN and Realism ;) :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

some times i think the same as schwoni and ghostrider..
i would be happy to help piboso making this sim better in its physiks.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

I also a agree that the kerbs are too slippery in real life they are not like that, I find now most of time in krp you have to avoid using the kerbs instead of using them which is not correct, a bit of a disappointment but I hope it can be resolved ;)

LauZzZn

thats no problem for me but the stuck is my problem
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

James Beer

Quote from: LauZzZn on March 06, 2013, 10:27:09 PM
thats no problem for me but the stuck is my problem

Ah ok yeah that's also a problem, slippery ness is my problem because of my f f b. I mean its a no win situation either set the the height at high setting thus making the center of gravity higher increasing the risk of flipping or go for a low height combating the flipping problem when coming off kerbs but you always get stuck on the kerb :-\ shame really as this is the best kart sim out there