• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:31:59 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

problem Kerb

Started by malny, November 11, 2012, 06:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: malny on November 11, 2012, 06:21:19 PM
hello, I'm working on my first track ..
I tried to recreate the kerb outside as the real ones but the result does not satisfy me completely:

+ I like to see
+ kart physics works well over the kerb, very real

but ....

-is too slide! you have to dodge ..

KRP calculates the contact surface TIRES - KERB??  less surface less grip??
What can I do?
I have to change?

thanks

An option is to have 2 models: 1 for the graphics ( export as .MAP ) and 1 for the physics ( export as .TRP ) with smoothed shape.

malny

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 12, 2012, 06:48:20 PM
I tried to recreate the kerb outside as the real ones but the result does not satisfy me completely:

+ I like to see

but ....

What can I do?
I have to change?

thanks

An option is to have 2 models: 1 for the graphics ( export as .MAP ) and 1 for the physics ( export as .TRP ) with smoothed shape.

wow thanks, this is already a solution that I like! in 3dsmax I have different layers for different objects, there is the possibility to export only parts of the scene and not the layers that are hidden?

PiBoSo

Quote from: malny on November 12, 2012, 08:30:01 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 12, 2012, 06:48:20 PM

+ I like to see

but ....

What can I do?
I have to change?

thanks

wow thanks, this is already a solution that I like! in 3dsmax I have different layers for different objects, there is the possibility to export only parts of the scene and not the layers that are hidden?

With the latest exporter ( updated 2 days ago ), it is possible to export selected objects only.

EVO

the screen shots look like old photo graphs they have a rsutic qualtiy to them.  But thats besides the point. Are sating you are going to make the first few kerbs 1cm and 2cm all the way to 33cm?  that would work good i think.  You could also use an invisible kerb with only a 1cm dip.  the kart will drive on this invisible kerb and not all the way into the real kerb.  it might be possible to get away with this. to do this name the real kerb whatever becuase it doesnt have to be colidalbe but make sure you give it a SAHD_ prefix  name the invisible kerb INVISIBLE_TRKKERB.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Sam

This track is so close to pfi

Falling for kk like

malny

Quote from: EVO on November 13, 2012, 04:01:40 AM
the screen shots look like old photo graphs they have a rsutic qualtiy to them.  But thats besides the point. Are sating you are going to make the first few kerbs 1cm and 2cm all the way to 33cm?  that would work good i think.  You could also use an invisible kerb with only a 1cm dip.  the kart will drive on this invisible kerb and not all the way into the real kerb.  it might be possible to get away with this. to do this name the real kerb whatever becuase it doesnt have to be colidalbe but make sure you give it a SAHD_ prefix  name the invisible kerb INVISIBLE_TRKKERB.

;D photos rustic is the result of a photo taken with the phone at screen pc
I have a Mac partitioned with win7, with the Mac keyboard I do not know capture screen :-[
sorry I have not understand the 33cm?
as I understand it with the Board of PiBoso if export two scenes, one with the curbs "flat" .TRP and the other with the curbs "deep" .MAP should get the same result of  INVISIBLE prefix.
when I have some time, i testing

malny

:)works ok, I exported my track .MAP
after I raised some of my polygon TRKASPH, I exported .TRP
now we can fly without INVISIBLE prefix :P

thanks PiBoSo

for EVO rustic photo collection continuessss ;D  thanks

PiBoSo

Quote from: malny on November 13, 2012, 11:21:42 AM
I have a Mac partitioned with win7, with the Mac keyboard I do not know capture screen :-[

Does the keyboard have an F11 key?
Please look in readme.txt of Kart Racing Pro for info about screenshots grabbing.

malny

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 13, 2012, 12:42:45 PM

Does the keyboard have an F11 key?
Please look in readme.txt of Kart Racing Pro for info about screenshots grabbing.

yes, arrives to F12 on the Mac  but I have not found the right key combination. for now F10-11-12 adjust the audio ... I will try solution to post  quality photos...

laraarsa

Are you pressing the Fn key together with f10/11/12?

EVO

Quote from: EVO on November 13, 2012, 04:01:40 AM

sorry I have not understand the 33cm?
as I understand it with the Board of PiBoso if export two scenes, one with the curbs "flat" .TRP and the other with the curbs "deep" .MAP should get the same result of  INVISIBLE prefix.
when I have some time, i testing

you figured it out on your own. nice.  yeah i dont know where i was going iwht that idea.  But it would be nice to have kerbs like real life and not flat that the kart can sink into.  So what if you made a insivislbe kerb 1-2cm deep and keep the 3cm deep kerb but non-colidalbe
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

LauZzZn

Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

malny

Quote from: LauZzZn on January 01, 2013, 06:30:09 AM
news?

I have to be honest ... :-[
I bought a new steering wheel CSW by FANATEC .. ;D
is two months that I play without opening 3ds'max!

I hope to get back to work soon!
I tried different configurations of shape but it works just flat ... (. trp)
the file (. map) instead can be more complex.
then I have to get back on track to make textures with bump best because they are out defects ....

LauZzZn

sounds good. malny i made the thing with the real formed kerbs,too at oschersleben but i dont understand your problem :D could you pm me?
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

GhostriderPl

I tried once more to drive KRP, but every time i get angry because of the Curbs :-\

When you drive on them you lost a lot of grip, and when you drive too close then your Kart get stuck on them...

I just dont understand that, because its on every track and every little fault cause a exit to the box :(

In KZ1(in real) i can make some little faults and it costs me 2/100 of a second and thats all......

But when i cant use the Cerbs in KRP which i use in real life its very weird, and when i stuck the 3rd time on a cerb even if i can drive fast then it is so frustrating that i must quit the game. ICOULD drive 2 seconds faster, but every Curb is like a fear moment.

I dont know much about Computers, but i dont understand where is the problem with the Curbs ::)

Some people say that the Grip on the Curbs is the same like on track (in KRP) but thats not true....in Kerpen as example i drive on them like on ICE, but they are very important on this track(and on few others too)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!