• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:23:54 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Steering Ratio

Started by David Waters, October 10, 2012, 05:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Waters

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, only had a quick look but nobody else seems to have reported this.

There is now a bug with the steering ratio, it gives the options STD and Max, but there is no minimum, just a blank space (previously there were 3 options). If you choose the blank space the game crashes. Is there any chance of this being a quick fix that will be released soon? It is currently the only thing stopping us from using the excellent new Beta 7 (thank you PiBoSo by the way, it's great to finally have a kart that doesn't roll when you hit a kerb!)

PiBoSo

There are only 2 steering ratio settings in Beta7.
The possibility to choose a third one is a bug, because there is no MIN ratio.
Do you think the STD steering ratio isn't low enough?

David Waters

With the setup we have, yes. We were using the 3:1 ratio, it doesn't feel realistic with the STD setting.

PiBoSo

Quote from: David Waters on October 10, 2012, 05:48:37 PM
With the setup we have, yes. We were using the 3:1 ratio, it doesn't feel realistic with the STD setting.

Then unfortunately there is no quick fix  :(

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 10, 2012, 05:55:51 PM
Quote from: David Waters on October 10, 2012, 05:48:37 PM

Then unfortunately there is no quick fix  :(

I havent' yet tried the beta7, in the previous version I used 3:1 beacause I compared a lap at Lonato with a real life Lonato lap and it was quite similar, next days I'll try beta7
An STD setting how much ratio is it?

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on October 14, 2012, 11:16:55 PM
I havent' yet tried the beta7, in the previous version I used 3:1 beacause I compared a lap at Lonato with a real life Lonato lap and it was quite similar, next days I'll try beta7
An STD setting how much ratio is it?

The steering geometry has been rewritten, so a single number for ratio doesn't make much sense anymore.
Anyway, the average ratio of "STD" is around 4:1

oppolo

I think it was better with 3:1 or maybe it wuold be better less, whatch how much steering http://youtu.be/8nNL7oZaNJk here