• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:19:19 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Bodykits

Started by Schwoni, October 06, 2012, 10:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

How all that new stuff have too look? if we wanna create a bodykit, do we have to create the whole bodykit? or each single part? place centered and export like in gp bikes? if we have to create the whole bodykit then we use the middle of all parts together? so middle of kart? intakes,tires,engines are one small part, so just place centered and export and it fit right? do something need a name? holes of airfilter for example? that the hand know what to cover? is it possible to add new engines?

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Schwoni

this night i wanna start :D first will be historic one :P 2 mins and done, and no problems with paint xD

EVO

which historic one.  i was gonna fo these

James Beer

Quote from: EVO on October 06, 2012, 10:49:28 PM

+1 remember this kit very well

Schwoni

Quote from: EVO on October 06, 2012, 10:49:28 PM

no that is almost the one from birel, i mean really historic^^ no plastics, so empty model and done.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on October 06, 2012, 10:26:00 PM
How all that new stuff have too look? if we wanna create a bodykit, do we have to create the whole bodykit? or each single part? place centered and export like in gp bikes? if we have to create the whole bodykit then we use the middle of all parts together? so middle of kart? intakes,tires,engines are one small part, so just place centered and export and it fit right? do something need a name? holes of airfilter for example? that the hand know what to cover? is it possible to add new engines?

For bodyworks, it must be a single EDF file with all the objects.
Names must be set in gfx.cfg
For position and rotation, the best thing to do is to use trial and error, until a template scene is released.

EVO

max poly count  for the various addons?

Schwoni

Mod till it crash the fps^^ i used 8000 polys for a tire in gp bikes and it haven`t decreased the fps.

Eslotes

Schwoni only this thing where the number is on.

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Schwoni

yeah ok, evo you have done some time ago a aircooled engine, could you try to get it ingame? should work same way.

EVO

October 06, 2012, 11:22:58 PM #11 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:25:04 PM by EVO
i can try. but i never made a aircooled engine.  give me 80 pictures and i can make it

Schwoni

give me 2 weeks and remind me pls xD

EVO

EVO

i just remember i cant make it becasue the radiator will stay.