• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:40:49 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

help for converting a track

Started by seba, September 08, 2012, 08:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seba

i want to convert a track from my country, argentina, but i cant import it to 3ds max
can sombody help me ?

Schwoni

which 3ds u use?

http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=196.0

follow first 3 steps, install that 3 things, Hardwareshaders, gmt2 importer ( that seem not to work for you) and rfactor plugin.
check it again, step for step if all is right it must work.

seba

i made them but when i import the directory it opens lika a notepad which saids lots of things and the material editor , but it doesnt appear on the main screen . i am using a trial of 3ds max 2013

Schwoni

u need 2 folders, folder 1: including all DDS and GMT files
folder 2: all TGA files that u converted from dds files.
then import folder 2 as texture path and folder 1 as import directory. then it MUST work.

again, which 3ds?

seba

Schwoni

ok then let`s hope for a new exporter, u need a exporter at the end to export the track. and with 2012 it didn`t work. so u need 2010 to export. but that is thr smallest problem. Do your convert first :)

seba

okey but i got a problem, i got the folder with dds and tga files but the track doesnt has the gmt files

Schwoni

why? it must have, maybe the are inside of a .mas file?

At first you will have to get the textures and 3d gmt files out of the .mas files of your rFactor track.
Therefore you need the gMotor 2.0 MAS Utility
from here:
http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/devcorner/

seba

September 09, 2012, 12:56:28 AM #8 Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:58:51 AM by seba
know i find them, thanks . if i have other problem i will write you

seba

it continues doing the same, it doesnt appear in the main screen and an error appear, it saids type error: calls needs functions or class

Schwoni

do u have 2010 for test? i`m not sure if it work with 2013. if not send me link of rfactor track. Then i can say u if it work or not.

seba

i cant enter on rfactorcentral.com
if you can do it look for zaratekart

Schwoni

i can`t sign in, so no links. We have to wait ^^