• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:40:55 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Rolling starts

Started by PiBoSo, September 02, 2012, 12:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diddy4957

I think we should be able to move out of the corridors, and speed up once the lights go green rather then once we have passed over the yellow line.
+1 to "only the leader has a max speed". It is quite usual that one pilot start his rolling start late, then he catches the rest of the pilots driving fast
+1 to no penalty for the stopped karts.

Thomas Lemoult

Quote from: PiBoSo on September 02, 2012, 12:40:32 PM
Do you have suggestions to improve the rolling starts?
Some ideas:
1) only the leader has a max speed, the others can go any speed ( unless they overtake the leader )
2) those that go too slow ( or even stop ) don't get a time penalty or a DSQ, but must go to the back of the field

There could be a penalty if you don't stay close enough to the kart in front, but what happens if someone starts to run away like a maniac?
Also: if a kart goes too slow or stops, what should the others do? Overtake it?

The plan is also to add some info on screen, including a warning when approacing corridors.

I think your second suggestion is a very good idea, but in real, the leader imposes his own pace. As you can see on my personnal video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoXbsOWRrIg, the leader makes his formation lap as he wants (not too slow or too fast of course, that's obvious).
If a driver goes too slow, drivers behind him can overtake him (only if he goes slow due to a mechanical failure, if he goes slowly voluntarily, you should stay behind him, but I don't really think drivers wanna let the firsts escape at start), and if he stops, of course they can overtake him.
For drivers who go too slow or stop, they must go to the back of the field, and they don't have any penalty.
If you don't stay close enough to the kart in front, you can't have a penalty, especially if he runs like a maniac.

nmpcs

+1 to only leader has max speed
+1 to have a standing start option
+1 to moving out of the corridors

oppolo

In my opinion the start must be as real as possibile. Don't sacrifice the realism in favour of the gameplay as many games do. If in real judges are not devil, put an advice on monitor that we are off the rules, and give us some seconds to correct

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on December 29, 2012, 04:49:47 PM
In my opinion the start must be as real as possibile. Don't sacrifice the realism in favour of the gameplay as many games do. If in real judges are not devil, put an advice on monitor that we are off the rules, and give us some seconds to correct

The aim of Kart Racing Pro is to be an hardcore simulator.
So the goal is to improve the rolling start to make it as realistic as possible.

LIAM-36-AUS

i find it annoying when i get Penaltilised for Overtaking a person,   i think the overtaking rule should be a bit less strict.  I don't mean to Overtake them, it always happens when in the starting corridor and and your too busy looking at the light and speed limit and then your in front by a quarter of a kart lengh ahead and you get penaltilised.

+1 to Leader has Max Speed

+1 to Moving out of starting corridors

+1 to No speedlimit after light turns green

matiguiffrey

Que se pueda correr de los carriles .
Cuando se apaga el rojo Poder acelerar . Aca Te dejo un video PiBoSo . Lo dejo a tu Criterio . Espero que me respondas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPcaS8QLeAs

That can run off the rails.
Turning the red to accelerate. Here I leave a video PiBoSo. I leave it to your judgment. I hope you answer me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPcaS8QLeAs

Cross

After doing a few races I have some suggestions. The speed you are going on the formation lap put it in the center of the screen so you are not trying to drive and look for the small number at the bottom corner at the same time. Make the start a little more obvious. Give the leader a green light when he crosses the yellow line. I did not even know about the yellow line until I asked others. Right now it takes going through multiple starts to figure out what to do. I think it was three before I figured out when I could start moving. Then another couple more to figure out when I could actually start racing. Do we expect everyone to go through failing at least a half dozen starts before they get one good one to give the game a chance? I know the goal is to have a true simulation, maybe the game needs to have a good explanation of how the starts work to keep newcomers from getting frustrated and not using KRP. The starts need to be looked at from the point of view of someone that has never raced karts before. Make them blatantly obvious or have the resources in the game to explain how they work.

Pentti Hilkuri

Quote from: Cross on January 16, 2013, 01:08:37 AM
After doing a few races I have some suggestions. The speed you are going on the formation lap put it in the center of the screen so you are not trying to drive and look for the small number at the bottom corner at the same time. Make the start a little more obvious. Give the leader a green light when he crosses the yellow line. I did not even know about the yellow line until I asked others. Right now it takes going through multiple starts to figure out what to do. I think it was three before I figured out when I could start moving. Then another couple more to figure out when I could actually start racing. Do we expect everyone to go through failing at least a half dozen starts before they get one good one to give the game a chance? I know the goal is to have a true simulation, maybe the game needs to have a good explanation of how the starts work to keep newcomers from getting frustrated and not using KRP. The starts need to be looked at from the point of view of someone that has never raced karts before. Make them blatantly obvious or have the resources in the game to explain how they work.

+1

Cross

The starts are getting to be complete bullshit with the penalties and DQs. I have been getting DQ for speeding when I am not the leader and I was not going any faster then the leader. There also is no consistency one when the actual race starts. Do you go on the green lights? When you cross the yellow line with cones??? or the start finish line??? If you go on the green light at Essay you get penalized for speeding. I thought it was the yellow line but now that is giving penalties for speeding. I know we are going for realism but has anyone ever seen a guy with a radar gun watching the starts of the races? It is all based on the leader and going in pace with him.

If this game want to survive this HAS TO CHANGE!!! Nobody wants to play a game that is so difficult to have flawless start. The guidlines are way stricter then any actuall real kart race and needs fixed.

Diddy4957

Actually all major championships, at least in Europe and the UK have speed traps on the way up to the line showing the speed of the pole man. The problem is is in real life when you cross the yellow line to accelerate second can overtake the leader before the finish line, it would only be a jump start if the second place man overtook the pole man before the yellow line/cones/green light (depending on what the starting system is). Also the start on the game gets spaced out as no one can accelerate until the yellow line/green light. In real life once the race starts, either by a light or the leader crossing the acceleration line, then everyone else can accelerate as well, and you can leave the corridor (cross it) once the race starts, so the lower end of the grid will begin to the race way before they cross the line. This is for me where the game lacks realism. It gets annoying if your not on the front row and you have to watch the front two accelerate before you can.

Some of the problems people have with the starts is either stalling at the start and getting DQ for being to far back, but KRP puts the penalty for speeding, which could be causing problems. Another problem is that some tracks can glitch at the start and show everyone as speeding, but you know when this happens as normally everyone gets a DQ. 

I would like a feature that allowed everyone to race once the pole man has crossed the line, and also no jump starts after the pole man crosses the line as from there in real life everyone is allowed to race.

nmpcs

I agree with Diddy4957.
Once the leader has passed the yellow line, the green lights should turn on and everyone should accelerate.

Cross

Another inconsistency in starts today.

There were three of us racing. I was third starting behind first. On the warm up lap second received a speeding penalty and was sent to the back of the grid. We get to the grid I am right behind first thinking second had to drop behind me. We cross the start finish line and I get a 10 second penalty for overtaking??? I was still a few feet behind first places rear bumper and second had to drop to the back of the grid. Who did I overtake??

Diddy4957

i was the diddy in that race and the other guy was a friend and we both thought it was weird. That does seem to be a glitch where there is a rule of someone dropping to the back but it gives everyone a penalty for overtaking