• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:00:08 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

New Castle Motorsport Park WIP

Started by Slimjim, August 29, 2012, 12:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slimjim

August 29, 2012, 12:48:04 AM Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:02:05 AM by Slimjim
well i always wanted to make this track.. i started on it 2 years ago, and stopped.
this new version is about 70% finished, i need to add trees, plastic barriers, and other little detailed stuff.
also needs AIW, and cam file.. but it is 100% to scale with all the elevations.

Schwoni

u build for rfactor right? then noneed of aiw and cam files, just track is enough, then convert

Slimjim

Yes it's mainly for rF, but your more than welcome to convert it.

a little update on the project,

Anybody want some corn on the cob....lol

Testing out the new barriers.

Schwoni

ok fine ;) i think someone will convert it, maybe i do. Depend on how long i have to do with my tracks where i`m working on and how long u will need to finish.
What program do u use? BTB?

Slimjim

yes i use BTB for the track, and sketchup 7.1 for making the buildings and other little things i need.
I haven't used BTB maybe in 2 years, so it's a relearning curve...lol  but things are coming back quickly.
the Next project i may do is the Oklahoma Motorsport Complex in Norman, Oklahoma.
many series... SKUSA, and STARS use this to start off their season.  I have some really good pics of the track.

the New Castle track is about 80% now.. trees and barriers is about it to add.. then the rF stuff.. cam and AIW need to be made.
i'm working on the main circuit now, i'll wait a bit to do the other 2, everything is the same, only AIW changes.

EVO

can i have a 3d max file of your techpro barriers?  i am working on englishtown and they have alot
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Slimjim

August 31, 2012, 08:03:50 AM #6 Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:13:28 AM by Slimjim
I didn't make them in 3Dsmax, i used google sketchup.
if you have 3Dsimed, i can send you the gmt's or in .3ds format.

a little better shot of what the pits are looking like, got all the barriers added to them today.
now tomorrow it time to add the trees, not many, but they do have a few.

EVO

.3ds would work great.  Ill put them on rock island also. 
track looks to be comming along very nice

Slimjim

it's nice to have the barriers, as many tracks are using them now..
what do you want, 1 barrier or a bunch of them.? i'll add the textures also.
let me know what you want, and where to send it. PM maybe.?

EVO

maybe post here. so other track makers can use too.  we should have an open source for track objects. Your barriers and overal track look so good.
That water tower, so cool. can wait to see test videos

Slimjim

there is another track for rF that has the other kind of barriers.
Dallas Karting Complex you should be able to find it on rfcentral, one of my favorite tracks.
and very well made.... tomorrow i'll pack up my barriers, if i remember and post them here.

jd88x89

September 22, 2012, 12:52:38 PM #12 Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 12:54:13 PM by jd88x89
Do u have the wka national configuration? And I do have a pretty good video of the track if it might help. Because the banking in some conners are off as well as the hill on the backstretch.

Slimjim

September 22, 2012, 01:37:28 PM #13 Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:41:27 PM by Slimjim
I have all the track layouts done, in rFactor, you have to make each one separate,
as you need a new AIW file for each layout., just need to move some cones, and the timing sectors.
I have seen tons of videos on this track, it's really hard to see all the detail on the track, you can only see big elevation changes.
and big camber corners, you really need to drive the track to know exactly what it's like, or have it laser scanned if you want it perfect.

jd88x89

Quote from: Slimjim on September 22, 2012, 01:37:28 PM
I have all the track layouts done, in rFactor, you have to make each one separate,
as you need a new AIW file for each layout., just need to move some cones, and the timing sectors.
I have seen tons of videos on this track, it's really hard to see all the detail on the track, you can only see big elevation changes.
and big camber corners, you really need to drive the track to know exactly what it's like, or have it laser scanned if you want it perfect.
Ya. I figured it would be difficult for an exact repica. But if this video helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iGxLOhG_QA   
it couldnt hurt. (Skip to 5:42)