• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:02:49 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

what wheel do you use

Started by James Beer, August 19, 2012, 11:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Beer

In krp what steering wheel or pad do you use? Is it easy to setup? Does it have force feedback? Feel of it (heavy or light, plasticy or leather,), is it good quality?

My own one :

I use a logitech driving force EX
It was really hard to setup at first but now it is quite easy (usb plug in)
Yes it does have force feedback but you have to keep it under 10 percent strenght cause over wise it is not realistic
The feel of the wheel is quite heavy but has a nice weight to it it has parts of hard foam covering it in blue it is a half and half job
It is very good quality as you would expect for logitech it was originally £80 but brought it second hand from a car boot saie for £3 what a bargain

What wheel do you use and use the questions above to review it

Please feel free to comment

Many thanks

maxrod

straightXed

G25 with ApElectrix load cell brake mod.

I got one of these when it was first released for around $200 (It was originally my bro's - he was a keen LFS drifter). I inherited it.

I find it quite simple to set up for each game (I have the same settings every time and just change wheel rotation as needed).

I've found that sometimes the settings won't take effect though (you can tell because it will load the game with 180 degree steering, when I've set it to 450 or so), so will have to exit and re-enter. Not sure why this happens though, if anyone knows let me know.

Overall feel is quite nice, I wouldn't mind trying one of the higher quality belt drive systems though, maybe the top Fanatec or one of the boutique systems.

mogoye

Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback

Racehard

g25

Love it. Never had any problems.

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Kimzu97

August 21, 2012, 02:45:35 PM #6 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:52:33 PM by Kimzu97
G27 with Thrustmaster TH8 RS shifter, but i'm thinking to buy T500 RS as my G27's pedals are jamming. Or maybe I should buy new pedals only... ::)
Kimi A. #24
MS Kart with Rotax Max

My Youtube Channel

Sam

g27 btw if u like driving cars around citys u should get city car driving good wid the g27

Falling for kk like

James Beer

is city driving free/is there a demo

Dan Buck

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

laraarsa

I have got two Logitech g27's

jd88x89

Piers Prior

I currently use Xbox 360 wheel and pedals but no ffb. I am looking to get a fanatec Porsche wheel or csr wheel with csr elite pedals with load cell brake :) can't wait, I have been saving up for about 6-8 months now and I nearly have enough  ::) :P
The world is your lobster

Jakob98

Serega