• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:40:49 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Thank you

Started by PiBoSo, August 17, 2012, 08:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

August 17, 2012, 08:38:37 PM Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:55:27 PM by PiBoSo
Somewhere around the globe someone finds the Kart Racing Pro website ( how? There is no advertisement at all! ): it looks very poor, it could be from 10 years ago; the screenshots are from old builds, the video in homepage is lame to say the least, and who is this PiBoSo, by the way? However, despite it all, this person must really like karts, and decides to try the demo...
"What? This is still a Beta software? And this unknown developer even pretends to be paid? Are you kidding me?". This is what you would expect, but no, the download starts!
The installer isn't that bad, but soon after things get really scary: double-clicking on the icon, this new demo user must face a crappy splash while waiting for the "intro" ( a pathetic replay of a single kart ) and then more wait to reach the main menu. The interface is dull, slow, texts are in English only, configuring the controller is a pain. Where is the manual? There is no manual. Even on track there is nothing fancy: no DX11, no HDR, no motion blur, no DOF.
Then, something happens. Somehow, this person decides to go back to the website and purchase a license. Only PayPal is supported, but this is not an obstacle.
What happened? What's this "spark" that makes someone support an indie project in beta stage? I call it a "miracle"  ;D
And the best part is, it happens many times a day, every single day, with no exceptions. This is amazing, this is amazing.

When you receive the email with the license key, it starts with "Thank you". I really mean it  ;)

Aritz

Good job always has its award and this is not a miracle  ;)

Racehard

August 17, 2012, 10:49:50 PM #2 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:12:16 PM by Racehard
I found out about krp through here: http://www.motorsport-total.com/games/news/2010/12/Kart_Racing_Pro_Beta_1_anspielbar_neue_Infos_Screenshots_10120903.html

And the cool thing is I don't even check that website for game news but for motorsport news I check it every now and then. There are other websites which are more known for sim news.

So basically for me this came out of nowhere and turned out to be -you are right... amazing truely amazing!

Thx to you too man  :)

LIAM-36-AUS

i think the big way for advertising is all the Youtube Video's, thats how i found about KRP and how good it was, then on Kartbook(Australian kart forum) there was a group called Kart Racing Pro and that brought me in(but when i saw them Youtube Video's, it was on my wish list definitley.  :)

Schwoni

i read in rfactor kart mod that someone posted build it for krp and i thought WTF does he mean and i used google, i found it, demo 10 mins and purchased :)

James Beer

PiBoso you sir are brilliant. You've brought us 3 brilliant sims that are really faultless and with out you making these we all woudnt be on here today. No wonder people all over the world buy this and this is because you take 1 look at this sim and go I want that! I think it took most of us a minute into the demo before realising how good it was and that's why we all got it. Keep up the good work and thank you to you not us but to you.

Ps. How is the 100cc kart coming along and is it in progress still :D

jd88x89

August 18, 2012, 03:06:51 AM #6 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:10:19 AM by jd88x89
PiBoSo, the game is one of the closest things that a karter could get his hands on, rather than actually driving a real kart. There are obviously still some points that need to be addressed, but the "feel" of the kart is almost perfect to real life. I know we all complain with this needs to be done and this and that, but this is the closest thing we got. The setups make a difference in the driving, you can actually feel a difference after you make a change. Even though there maybe "jumpiness" during a race, or not being able to see the kart next to you, even when you have the FOV to its max, the feeling and the competiviness is there. Everytime I go racing, I'm always telling everyone how great this game is. I talked people from iRacing into trying krp. They got hooked right when they got to go out on the track, like the karters. So thank you for creating the best, and I do mean THE BEST karting game on the market.
Thanks,
Jarrett

EVO

KRP is the best!  PiBoSo we all appreciate you ten fold! Show me the donate button seriously. We all support you and your sims and future endeavors. If there is anyhting we can do...name it.  I must aplogize for the lot of us, we are all so demanding here, but only because we all see the portential,  and it so extremely high.
We fall in love with KRP over and over with every release. 

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

The Iceman Marco

I once found a video on youtube about krp and it already looked very good. I played the demo for a few minutes and I was surprised how amazing it was. It was beta 3 when I started playing krp but the improvements until now are very good. Krp became a very good sim which we love very much. Thank you for making it Piboso. ;) :D

Aritz

August 18, 2012, 10:49:32 AM #9 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:51:05 AM by Aritz
I knew about KRP just few days before the first beta (if I remember it well) I tried the beta1 and I bought the game the same day. Like every of you, I was amazed with the game, how it makes you feel like in a real karting world and the rain, which I never played in a sim before (TOCA2 was the first, but call it sim is not fair :P )

dibu

Thank you for your sims.  :)
I found KRP with exactly the same article which Racehard already posted. Tried it and bought it at the same day.

Ryan Harris

PiBoSo Thankyou for investing your time into giving us karters and kart followers something to really enjoy. its competitive which makes it worth while. Even when racing 1v1 it is so much fun and I cannot imagine how realistic it will be with 20 karts on track. There is only one way that this project is going, and that is forward. Also thank you for making the game editable with skin creating etc. I cant wait till this game reaches its peak. Thankyou so much.

straightXed

Doubledragon posted a link to GP Bikes years ago in the MX Sim forum. I gave it a go but couldn't calibrate my 360 controller with it (I must have been a dumbass), so I gave up on it. Then I decided to give it another go (around two years later I think) but this was when there was the 'Beta coming soon' page. I then went looking around for the Alpha release searching things like "Piboso" (one of the things I remembered from one of the old GP Bikes Alpha builds). Came across KRP (I think this was when Beta 4 had just been released), downloaded the demo and instantly thought "Holy shit!!!!", bought it straight away. Was kinda disappointed at the same time because I had just renewed a 3 month subscription to iRacing thinking "man I'm never going to use this subscription now".

Now it's my turn to say thanks for KRP (and GP Bikes and WRS!!!!!!!) - I'm a believer :p

JamieP

I just have to say thanks to you Piboso. I was looking for a practice tool for my karting and the only karting sims around were junk and nothing like the real thing. I can't remember how I came across KRP but downloaded the trial to test it out and was blown away. I bought the game a few weeks later and had been waiting for the time when there was more racing to be had.

Today I am running a growing league with fortnightly races and having a ball doing it. I plan to purchase WRS in the next week or 2 now and get testing. The next step for our league is to do away with rFactor and move into WRS. All the effort and attention to detail you have gone to is much appreciated and I think we'll be having a great time with these sims for years to come.

Thanks again Piboso and keep up the great work

Buzzard12

Ditto that LostCause