• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

June 17, 2024, 08:40:54 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Loading time - too long

Started by geoslake, July 16, 2012, 09:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoslake

July 16, 2012, 09:09:58 AM Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:19:03 AM by geoslake
Hi guys

I have a quite fast pc and hard drive, but Krp is too slow to load here, even just getting to the main menu takes 10 seconds when I fire up the game,

One could say it's because it loads every kart and things when you launch the game, but then when you load a track it's again very long, like 20 seconds, and it's not like the tracks are huge, and my hdd led doesn't do much, so there's maybe a way to optimise the loading times ?

Thanks

Sam

Yer that's with everyone I have a top of the range gaming computer and it's just the game beta seven will be better

Falling for kk like

Aritz

I think the problem is not the time but the lack of information... We don't know if the game has crashed or everything is going OK. Now we are used to that, but the new players would be confused.

A progress bar or "Loading" message have been suggested many times, maybe is already implemented.

Buzzard12

I agree a loading message at least would be nice for first time players, and there probably isn't much that can be done for the loading times as such, they are as 'long' as they are for a reason, however it can be a little tedious waiting for that long... my suggestion, grab a water bottle and take a drink whilst you're waiting or perhaps check your emails (if you can on your phone). Just a friendly suggestion is all.