• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:04:39 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Absolute pit coordinates

Started by David Waters, June 17, 2012, 02:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Waters

Hi,

I'm trying to place the pit starting positions on my track, but I want them going in a different direction to the centerline. I'm trying to use the 'absolute' positioning function but no matter what I enter, the 'X', 'Z', 'spacing' and 'columns' boxes have no effect what so ever on the pit positions - they just stay stuck to the centerline. Only the 'angle' box actually does as it should. Am I missing something or is this a bug that needs fixing?

EVO

can you make a screen shot how you want it?  i have made a pit out spots that are 90 degrees to the center line deep inside the paddock. 
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

David Waters

I've attached a screenshot of the track in tracked, the red arrow shows where I want the pits to go, and which way the karts need to be facing when they start.

EVO

try this

track looks really nice........

David Waters

June 18, 2012, 05:12:25 AM #4 Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:14:55 AM by David Waters
Thanks, I managed to get something similar. Not perfect but I don't think it ever will be because of the curve at that part of the track.Good enough for now I think (although I think the absolute positioning needs fixing - I swear I had it working once before when I first converted a track).

Nutts Corner is a great track to drive, very difficult and loads of elevation changes. Not very good for spectators though. I was there a couple of weeks ago getting pictures in the morning, and once the racing started it was very boring - the track is huge and you can only spectate from one small area. Met some very friendly locals there though! They love their motorsport in that part of Northern Ireland, and unlike the Welsh and Scottish they don't seem to mind us English too much!

EVO

yeah i remeber the track from super 1 karting
very fun with the elevation change.  Is this a izone track?

David Waters

Yep, as of today it's available at iZone. I wouldn't have flown all the way to Northern Ireland to get pictures if they didn't want the track!

Next on the list is Rowrah I think - should definitely be a challenge for me!

EVO

have you learned anything in your track creation for KRP you would like to share?  Is there anything you are doing that no one else is?  I see you are able to do dirt around the edge of the track. is that a mesh strip?  with a texture UVW mapped?

David Waters

I have indeed learned a lot from the tracks I've made, if there's anything you want tips on, just ask and I will be happy to help.

Regarding the track edges, I've been experimenting with different ways of doing them recently. I work mainly in BTB so I've been tending to create the track edges by adding extra control points in the track surface editor and adding a transitional texture. Usually, this lends itself to adding curbs in the same way as you can easily swap the textures and create curbs that transition smoothly to the track and grass. It's a compromise, however, and sometimes for larger curbs it's best to use the wall feature in BTB.

I wouldn't say that I'm doing anything differently to anyone else. It's just a matter of attention to detail. Textures are very important for a realistic track, and it's essential for me to be able to take photos of all of the tracks I make, and use them as textures for the tracks. Other than that, it's knowing how to work around the limitations and quirks of BTB.

PiBoSo

Quote from: David Waters on June 17, 2012, 02:12:34 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to place the pit starting positions on my track, but I want them going in a different direction to the centerline. I'm trying to use the 'absolute' positioning function but no matter what I enter, the 'X', 'Z', 'spacing' and 'columns' boxes have no effect what so ever on the pit positions - they just stay stuck to the centerline. Only the 'angle' box actually does as it should. Am I missing something or is this a bug that needs fixing?

It seems to work correctly. An example can be seen loading Lonato.

Schwoni

yes but i have had that too a couple of times. sometimes it work and sometimes not don`t know why. if u call the pit part just ASPH or PIT_ASPH is not important sometimes it work and sometimes not. Can`t see a system there.

David Waters

I can't load Lonato in tracked - when I try to open it I get a message saying 'tracked.exe has stopped working'. Same with Essay and Rye House.

David Waters

Quote from: Schwoni on June 18, 2012, 09:49:50 PM
yes but i have had that too a couple of times. sometimes it work and sometimes not don`t know why. if u call the pit part just ASPH or PIT_ASPH is not important sometimes it work and sometimes not. Can`t see a system there.
I just called all of the tarmac areas ASPH on my track - I'll try it with the PIT prefix and see if it works.

Schwoni

oktry also to do PITIN and PITOUT prefix but i think it was the same.

David Waters

Nope, tried adding the pit prefix, along with pitin and pitout. Still doesn't work.