• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:42:19 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Shaders, how, when, where!

Started by Aritz, May 30, 2012, 04:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

I think I have it. But I've lost both lines and the orientation...

Doesn't matter, I will use a different Asphalt texture, with no lines. The problem will be to do the lines with my poor knowlegde about 3D Max :-\

maxrod

Here is the  bump and the alpha channel used for the specular, white for more shine, maybe there is a way to see if it is working as there is significance difference in 3dsmax, You can map sections in 3dsmax choose polygons, uvwmap it will map individual, If you need to map your track with white line you will need to use uvw unwrap, In sections as you will not be-able to map corners with uvwmap.

maxrod

You could create a tileable texture then create white line individually.

Aritz

I don't see anything wrong with your file except the coma "yourBumptexture,shd"... Why that coma?

I think I understand how to map again my asphalt, it is a lot of work though  :-\ I have hundreds of sections to remap!

Schwoni

Quote from: maxrod on June 02, 2012, 10:45:00 AM
Can someone post example of shd file as mine is not exporting into the scene, with the grs file it makes a grs file where shd is not, Are there something wrong with my file ?, As in the picture on left is file on right is the code must be wrong.

i have had the same problem long time ago. The problem was the folder settings, i have had enabled hide known extensions, so i called the Shader files .SHD but it was still a .TXT file, Because windows hide extension .TXT. I disabled this option then it show you if u create a .TXT file, yourname.TXT if u change .TXT to .SHD then it work. Maybe it is the same.

maxrod

Aritz Can you attach the sections together then remap, In poly on the right hand side you can attach and detach the sections, Schwoni can you try to explain how you disabled the option please as i have tried evey thing can't understand why the grs file changes but the shd will not thanks for all your help.

Schwoni

i can explain in win7 not sure what u use maybe it is not the same. Send me a PM with the diffuse map then i will do a bump file and a shader file and u can try what is wrong with ur files. Bump or SHD and then we fix that.

Schwoni

June 02, 2012, 01:36:08 PM #22 Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:39:42 PM by Schwoni
your problem is definitly the .txt file it is like i said.
If u have win7 i can explain which steps u have to do to fix that.
U have to disable hide known extensions and then u see it like me, then u just have to delete .txt and done

maxrod

Aritz

A very simple FENCE with bump and specular becomes an almost real one  :o

Track makers, USE SHADERS, even if you are converting from rFactor! It is easy and the track would be a lot nicer!

Here the code:

bump
{
map = FENCE_mas_gordo_bump.tga
}
specular
{
shininess = 3
}

Ryan Harris

Jeffrey Rietveld

That looks awesome ! I would also like to build tracks but i've no idea how to start etc, if you want to teach me some stuff add me on msn: jeffrey960@live.nl :)

EVO

July 05, 2012, 05:37:40 PM #27 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:15:06 AM by EVO
great discoveries pioneering the way to better tracks.  that fence looks just like the plastic wrapped ones
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

Quote from: maxrod on June 02, 2012, 11:58:43 AM
You could create a tileable texture then create white line individually.

That was the way, thanks for the idea ;)