• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:47:51 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Rain Driving

Started by Marco Dakic, April 22, 2012, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco Dakic

I Think that KRP has with Raintyres on wet circuit toooooo much Grip in reallife there are very less grip, and if you drive onto the Dryline in wet the kart only drive in front of there are no grip.

I Think the rain grip and Dryline Grip in the Rain must be a little bit more realistic :D
3D Modeling :D

arisfaria

+10000000, I wish that in real life it was as easy as it is in KRP haha

Piers Prior

yea i think the track groove should be more slippy in the wet and the outside of corners more grippy like in real life
The world is your lobster

Diddy4957

LIAM-36-AUS

Quote from: Marco Dakic on April 22, 2012, 05:23:13 PM
I Think that KRP has with Raintyres on wet circuit toooooo much Grip in reallife there are very less grip, and if you drive onto the Dryline in wet the kart only drive in front of there are no grip.

I Think the rain grip and Dryline Grip in the Rain must be a little bit more realistic :D
+1

ctreg2

+90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
(good idea)

LauZzZn

no i have exactly the same grip in real. you just need a good setup. i have one in real i have one in krp and then it is exactly the same. and im not slow in the rain.
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

Jakob98

Quote from: LauZzZn on November 06, 2012, 08:37:48 PM
no i have exactly the same grip in real. you just need a good setup. i have one in real i have one in krp and then it is exactly the same. and im not slow in the rain.
+1

LIAM-36-AUS

Quote from: LauZzZn on November 06, 2012, 08:37:48 PM
now that i think about, thats quite true.  Look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG93UK_TZ0M , look how fast Ryan and Tim(u can tell the difference) are going compared to the rest of us!   its all about setup and skill  ;)

LauZzZn

im gonna upload 2 videos to youtube of me in the rain
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

Piers Prior

true about the level of grip but racing line should have less grip don't you think ;)
The world is your lobster

LIAM-36-AUS

The Iceman Marco

There is more grip outsite the normal line, I agree with that. So most people think that with rain driving you should drive wide lines, but that isn't right. because there are also kerbs. Almost all kerbs on kart tracks have more grip than the normal asphalt when the track is wet. If you have a good setup you can drive almost the normal dry lines. You only have to be much more aggressive on the kerbs. Most of the times that is much faster than driving outside lines, but not always. Most of the track you have to combine these two kinds of driving lines So when there will be less grip on the normal line, it should still be possible to drive that inside lines in the rain, but only when you're aggressive on the kerbs.

http://youtu.be/frpc_SVjbGc

Here an example, it's a video of my race last weekend on the Dutch track of Berghem. Around 9:00 in the video it started to rain, then it's good to see. The first 3 corners it's very important to be on the kerbs. Some corners like the 4th corner you have to drive the outside line. But that is because the shape of the corner or the kerbs don't make it faster to drive inside lines. That is because you don't have much more grip so you also lose too much speed.

If I think about krp I think Lonato is a track where you can drive only inside lines, when you use all of the kerbs, while in Essay you should drive more wide lines because the kerbs are too high and you don't have advantage of that inside lines.

So rain driving can be very complicated and I think that's how it should be in krp too. So less grip on the normal race line, but more on the kerbs. I hope everyone understand what I mean ;)

GhostriderPl

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on November 07, 2012, 03:54:50 PM
There is more grip outsite the normal line, I agree with that. So most people think that with rain driving you should drive wide lines, but that isn't right. because there are also kerbs. Almost all kerbs on kart tracks have more grip than the normal asphalt when the track is wet. If you have a good setup you can drive almost the normal dry lines. You only have to be much more aggressive on the kerbs. Most of the times that is much faster than driving outside lines, but not always. Most of the track you have to combine these two kinds of driving lines So when there will be less grip on the normal line, it should still be possible to drive that inside lines in the rain, but only when you're aggressive on the kerbs.

http://youtu.be/frpc_SVjbGc

Here an example, it's a video of my race last weekend on the Dutch track of Berghem. Around 9:00 in the video it started to rain, then it's good to see. The first 3 corners it's very important to be on the kerbs. Some corners like the 4th corner you have to drive the outside line. But that is because the shape of the corner or the kerbs don't make it faster to drive inside lines. That is because you don't have much more grip so you also lose too much speed.

If I think about krp I think Lonato is a track where you can drive only inside lines, when you use all of the kerbs, while in Essay you should drive more wide lines because the kerbs are too high and you don't have advantage of that inside lines.

So rain driving can be very complicated and I think that's how it should be in krp too. So less grip on the normal race line, but more on the kerbs. I hope everyone understand what I mean ;)

Nothing more to say.......Because its not an opinion but a fact  ;)     +1
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

LauZzZn

2021 ELMS Champion LMP3