• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:32:11 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

KRP in Linux

Started by Moretti, April 21, 2012, 11:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moretti

Hello everybody, This is my first post here. I've been playing around with the game the last few hours. I just wanted to detail the instructions to install KPR in Ubuntu:

• Install KPR using latest Wine version. It will NOT install OpenAL as it should :(
  • Open ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/OpenAL
  • You will find a temp file. Rename it to .exe and execute it (using Wine, of course)
  • Install OpenAL
That's it! Now KPR will work without any special parameters nor special configurations. Everything works fine. I didn't try to play online yet because simply I'm not that good. But unlocked kart models and tracks are working great!

Moretti

Quick update:

Everything is working fine: I played online, Started a custom server, added new tracks, dashes and paints.  10/10

leillo1975

Seeing that the developer of this game has answered other topics of this forum recently and he hasn't on the topic of a native version for Linux ( http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1575.0 ), the only thing I can think is that he has abandoned the project to give us support.

I've tested with Wine and seems to work correctly in the demo version, even with Force Feedback support. I will not test the full version because I don't usually buy games without linux support. I have written an entry in the WineHQ AppDB with information:

Https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=35506