• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:11:49 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Free Formation Lap

Started by Thomas Lemoult, April 18, 2012, 09:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Lemoult

Well, many drivers online are disqualified in the formation lap because they go faster or slower than the limit (20-60 km/h), and we have to be in formation just after the start/finish line, it's not really realistic. I think the rules are too harsh to rolling starts ...
So, maybe in a future beta, we can go, not at full speed, but at the speed that the poleman gave, and at a moment ( last sector for example ), we get into formation, and the minimum/maximum speed could be applied.
I don't know if I was clear in my idea :P , but I think it could be a better thing to be more realistic during races !

GhostriderPl

In real there is a red line before the last corner...at this point you MUST be at your position and drive slowly to the start...before, you can drive normally and warm up your tires and engine.....i think this would be good to have this in game the same way...

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

oppolo

rolling start in KRP is realistic, if many people are disqualified in formation lap the fault is of them, there is a way to practise this in offline http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=594.0

Thomas Lemoult

@GhostRider, yes I know that, but I didn't know if everyone knew ... And it could really be a good thing if PiBoSo introduce this in the future !

@oppolo : Of course it's them who are in fault, but you must be in formation just at the beginning of the formation lap, THIS is not realistic !

oppolo

April 18, 2012, 02:36:07 PM #4 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:38:52 PM by oppolo
Quote from: Thomas Lemoult on April 18, 2012, 01:58:54 PM
@oppolo : Of course it's them who are in fault, but you must be in formation just at the beginning of the formation lap, THIS is not realistic !

I don't know how it is now because it's many time i drive only offline but at least in the previous versions there was not this need

the leader must check, turning his visual behind, that the group is in formation, waiting for them if necessary.
if it is not in formation after the yellow line,  the race doesn't start and there is another lap to make the formation.
drivers must obey the speed limits.
it is not easy i know  ;)

Thomas Lemoult

This is always the same, but I've suggested that we have to be in formation at the red line (or a bit before), as GhostriderPl said, and not at the beginning of the formation lap like now.

oppolo

Quote from: Thomas Lemoult on April 18, 2012, 02:55:46 PM
we have to be in formation at the red line (or a bit before),

yes, in the previous versions of KRP (when i went online) it was exactly in this way

The Iceman Marco

The problem is that people don't know how it works or haven't practiced is. If everyone knows exactly what to do and the practice several times then you easily have a good start without penalties.

NOP

April 18, 2012, 10:39:30 PM #8 Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:41:16 PM by NOP
When driving first couple times it's very hard to check speed limit (usually it ends up with penalty), and it's almost impossible to do this when driving through corridor (you are concentrating on staying between line). I think it would be good idea just to show more data in example something like this <attachment>

James Beer

it is very difficult to stay between the lines and keep your speed above or below limiters. also on the warm up lap lots of people dont stay in their starting position and overtake. then you cant go any faster to overtake them again and get into the correct position. #

i think this needs some tweaking ::)

EVO

I think it would be cool to enter a race from the pits like in real life thats all, the rest works fine to me
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

PiBoSo

Quote from: EVO on June 15, 2012, 05:45:18 PM
I think it would be cool to enter a race from the pits like in real life thats all, the rest works fine to me

It's already possible; "sighting lap" must be activated when creating a race.

DPKarter#43

What about like a computer controls the karts all the way to the start line and then when the lights go green it goes to all the players, just an idea

Schwoni

simulation? Kart Racing PRO? or Need for speed?

James Beer

Schwoni

the point is that no one can race well because of the formation lap. I think we should sacrafice this formation lap so we can do some good close racing

can you see my point