• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:20:54 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Native Linux Version

Started by JamieP, April 06, 2012, 02:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieP

A while ago there was a short discussion on a native LInux version of Kart Racing Pro. Just curious how this is prograssing (So I can do away with my Windows partition). I did half run the sim previously in Wine but results weren't great.

Has anyone got this running reasonably well with WINE?

Thanks and keep up the great work.

PiBoSo

Unfortunately the Linux version has been put on hold, because there are more important tasks to complete.
Besides, there are reports of Kart Racing Pro running correctly with Wine.

JamieP

I tried on WINE a little while ago on an old computer and it ran but nowhere near well enough to play. I'll try on my main computer this week and see what happens.

leillo1975

July 17, 2017, 12:28:09 PM #3 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:34:59 PM by leillo1975
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 06, 2012, 02:18:38 PM

Unfortunately the Linux version has been put on hold, because there are more important tasks to complete.

This words have 5 years, What's the actual state of the linux support?

PiBoSo

Quote from: leillo1975 on July 17, 2017, 12:28:09 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 06, 2012, 02:18:38 PM

This words have 5 years, What's the actual state of the linux support?

No progress, unfortunately.
There were, and sadly there still are, more important tasks to complete.
There isn't much motivation in completing a native Linux / SteamOS version of KRP. Very few requests, and there are reports that it works perfectly fine using Wine.

leillo1975

July 20, 2017, 12:41:24 PM #5 Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:15:40 PM by leillo1975
It's a pity, thanks for your response an your sincerity. It's very disappointing that Linux users can't have any decent simrace game in our system (except Dirt Rally). I had a lot of expectations in this game since it was greenlighted. I only gave my positive vote to it for the linux version.