• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:39:42 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Server Admin Tools

Started by JamieP, April 03, 2012, 01:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieP

I've searched the forums for server admin tools amd have been not finding anything. I think it needs a grid edir function if for no other reason than to correct the grid after a server crash or drop out. A clarification or listing of current server functions would also be great. Also, I would like to see tbe replays copied to disc in the time delay between session. I believe.it currently does it only at the end if the event. I may be completely wrong though. (and probably am)

Thanks

Jamie

Sorry about the terrible typing. More difficult on the Android phone :)

Schwoni

i like that idea and i would say that we can choose the start so rolling start or lights start would be really helpful. Sometimes we start 5 times, then we have enough and race only with 3 guys^^ So Much easier with a traffic light start.

PiBoSo

Quote from: LostCause001 on April 03, 2012, 01:04:25 PM
I've searched the forums for server admin tools amd have been not finding anything. I think it needs a grid edir function if for no other reason than to correct the grid after a server crash or drop out. A clarification or listing of current server functions would also be great. Also, I would like to see tbe replays copied to disc in the time delay between session. I believe.it currently does it only at the end if the event. I may be completely wrong though. (and probably am)

There are no tools or dedicated server commands at the moment.
Replays are saved at the end of the final.

dibu

April 03, 2012, 09:15:00 PM #3 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:19:54 PM by dibu
I also support the idea of having more control and feedback from dedicated servers.
Some examples:
-Being able to save statistics and replays between the sessions is a must have IMO.
-Also the ability to see who is connected to the server would be useful.
-Some statistics about the servers usage and the offered tracks would be useful if you host multiple servers (GPBikes).

Maybe something for one of the next Betas? ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: dibu on April 03, 2012, 09:15:00 PM
I also support the idea of having more control and feedback from dedicated servers.
Some examples:
-Being able to save statistics and replays between the sessions is a must have IMO.
-Also the ability to see who is connected to the server would be useful.
-Some statistics about the servers usage and the offered tracks would be useful if you host multiple servers (GPBikes).

Maybe something for one of the next Betas? ;)

The problem with saving intermediate results is that sessions can be restarted anytime. So it would be possible, for example, to have several qualify results for each event, with only one valid.

JamieP

Another thing which I came across was a bit of a problem.

I could not log into the server once a race started even as the admin. I know that someone logging into the server causes a pretty bad system pause but I think the admin does need this ability.
The server screen needs to have a bit more information (ie. what session is it, who is in the server, that sort of thing). Even a chat log could be useful.

These are just small things, the sim on the whole is really good and getting better all the time.

Keep up the great work

Jamie

Aritz

And we should be able to chat with the people who are playing through the dedicated application. They could ask for track changes and the administrator could change them without being playing. That way the administrator could be on his job and help players like I use to do :D