• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:03:42 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Open GL problem - SOLVED

Started by Stark, March 28, 2012, 08:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stark

March 28, 2012, 08:51:11 PM Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:27:19 PM by Stark
Beta 6 problem.

"The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue.
The application must close."

This happens randomly. Does anyone know what to do? Seems like im the only one that experience this problem.

Windows 7 64-bit, GTX 570
I have the latest drivers. Did a format of the harddrive about two weeks ago, and this was the first time I installed KRP after formating the drive. Temp. on GPU seems fine, never goes over 60 degrees celsius. Think I had the same problem in beta 5 but not sure.

SOLVED- Quick update just in case someone else would experience the same problem. Apparently this is a problem that occurs on any manufacturers 500 series card that has been factory overclocked. I bought my 570 little over a year ago and have experienced this problem in other games, but never in KRP. Anyway, its a low voltage issue that can produce crashes and display driver restarts. It has nothing to do with the game itself, manufacturers didnt set core voltage high enough.

Easiest way to solve it is to download MSI Afterburner and downclock the card; to use same settings as on a reference GPU. For a GTX570 thats 732 (MHz) core clock  and  1464 (MHz) shader clock.
Of course this will have a negative effect on performance, so another solution is to increase cole voltage. This isnt very hard to do, but it will create more heat and can destroy the card if your not careful.   

JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

PiBoSo

Quote from: Stark on March 28, 2012, 08:51:11 PM
Beta 6 problem.

"The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows Time-Out limit and is unable to continue.

This happens randomly. Does anyone know what to do? Seems like im the only one that experience this problem.

I have the latest drivers. Did a format of the harddrive about two weeks ago, and this was the first time I installed KRP after formating the drive. Temp. on GPU seems fine, never goes over 60 degrees celsius. Think I had the same problem in beta 5 but not sure.

:o

Are the drivers the official ones from Nvidia?
Do you have a dual-GPU system?
Could you please post e3dlog.txt, that should be generated in KRP installation folder?

Stark

March 28, 2012, 08:59:18 PM #2 Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:13:44 PM by Stark
Quote from: PiBoSo on March 28, 2012, 08:55:58 PM
Quote from: Stark on March 28, 2012, 08:51:11 PM

:o

Did you do a clean install of KRP?
Which graphics drivers? Are they the latest official ones? If they are not, could you please try uninstalling the current ones and update them to the latest from nvidia.com?

Latest drivers to all hardware, always download drivers to GPU from nvidia.com, and I have the latest 296.10 drivers installed. Single GPU, not SLI. After trying to find some info it seems to be a problem that has nothing to do with the game itself, but I have never experienced it in any other game so im not sure.

Hmm I cannot find e3dlog.txt.
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

PiBoSo

March 28, 2012, 09:15:03 PM #3 Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:23:17 PM by PiBoSo

Stark

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 28, 2012, 09:15:03 PM
http://forum-archive.developer.nvidia.com/index.php?s=87a2273b84228a43708a82ca7119ad71&showtopic=5331&view=findpost&p=21626

On other forums there are suggestions to revert to older drivers.

Gonna start with downclocking the GPU, because ive had some problems before with stability, if that doesnt work im going to try the tip in the link.
JP- Racing