• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:09:50 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Real life tyres

Started by Aritz, February 07, 2012, 03:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

February 07, 2012, 03:56:41 PM Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:03:29 PM by Aritz
Iceman asked me about Maxxis SLR. I think they are medium hard type of tyres but quite expensive. Vega XH are faster and cheaper for example. The good think of these tyres is their stability, their grip is almost the same until their end.

I liked the most Vega FH; long duration, not so fast but quite good and cheap.

Your choices?

Schwoni

cnt997

EVO

mg yellows as well.  I take used ones for free from the guy that put new ones on for the racers. They still have half life judging from the dimple so im guessing their grip trails off at half wear.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Eslotes

I used one race the Maxxis HG3 and they pretty good
and then i use only Vega SL3
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

laraarsa

Vega SL6 are good. SL3 aswell. I used to drive on Vega LL99, but now that i drive in another class i can't drive them anymore.

The Iceman Marco

I have Maxxis SLR, same as Aritz and I think they suck like hell. Too much grip.

@Aritz, what do you think of the grip level of the Maxxis SLR? I always said they've too much grip for every kart which excist. You drive them with shifter, but do you have too much grip with shifter aswell?

EVO

by too much grip you mean you are slower becuase you can't  jack the kart because the tire sticks and on the straight too sticky and slows your staightaway speed?  Can you dial out the grip with chassis adjustments or is so much that it is impossible?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: EVO on February 08, 2012, 04:03:01 PM
by too much grip you mean you are slower becuase you can't  jack the kart because the tire sticks and on the straight too sticky and slows your staightaway speed?  Can you dial out the grip with chassis adjustments or is so much that it is impossible?

That's the problem. Our engines have only around 16hp, so not much power and the tires sticks a lot due the lack of power.

It's possible to change your setup. Camber +4 orso helps a quite a lot, but still there's way too much grip. When the VT250 overtakes me on the straight most of the times I'm behind them when we go out of the next corner. I can go so much faster through the corners.

laraarsa

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on February 08, 2012, 04:40:36 PM
Quote from: EVO on February 08, 2012, 04:03:01 PM

That's the problem. Our engines have only around 16hp, so not much power and the tires sticks a lot due the lack of power.

It's possible to change your setup. Camber +4 orso helps a quite a lot, but still there's way too much grip. When the VT250 overtakes me on the straight most of the times I'm behind them when we go out of the next corner. I can go so much faster through the corners.
Yes that's true. I drove World Formula last year, and someone used Maxiss SLR in practice. I was way faster if we were on the same
tyres, but when he got on his SLR's he was just way quiker through the corners

Aritz

not too much grip at all for kz2. For example vega SL3 are better and still I canĀ“t say too much grip. Maybe Vega XM has too much grip with very rubbered track, maxxis has not.

richard watson

Hansen24

Well in DK all the classes uses Vega tires, so i prefer the Vega XH tires
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

Buzzard12

So you guys are all allowed to use different tyres? That's crazy, is there any sort of restriction on compounds or anything? In Australia there is only one kind of tyre for that entire class.

Aritz

Quote from: Buzzard12 on March 27, 2012, 09:12:41 AM
So you guys are all allowed to use different tyres? That's crazy, is there any sort of restriction on compounds or anything? In Australia there is only one kind of tyre for that entire class.

It depends on the race level but of course, always the same tyre for everyone. In official championships, they use fast tyres like Vega FM, and in cheap championships, like UFOLEP that I use to race, hard ones like Maxxis SLR