• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:36:36 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

simraceway

Started by cnt997, February 03, 2012, 05:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnt997

Simraceway just added a rotax jr kart to there program for 6 cents, im gonna go check it out and see how it compares.

Ryan Harris

Dan Buck

how does it feel to race in simraceway?
is it good enough so i can start downloading it?
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

maxrod

It's worth a go as it is free, you pay for extras.

Racehard

Didn't know simraceway had some cool stuff, just discovered them really.

http://www.simraceway.com/cars/1844?locale=en
6 cents? The "difficult" process of payment is the hardest part then  ;D

But I am more keen on trying the BMW 1 M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qygZgfSfmU
Looks promising, maybe I'll buy that one if the two free cars feel like simulation otherwise I don't need the whole game.

For karts we have krp anyway.

Racehard

February 03, 2012, 08:58:10 PM #5 Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:54:49 PM by Racehard
Ok I've tried out SR now, you don't have to buy cars, you can simply do online races and earn 5 credits for every lap, did 4x3laps and got the rotax kart now. Aaaand I have to say the kart handles like shit, not kidding. No feeling for nothing - just no good feedback. PiBoSo this just shows me once more how good krp is and what is so great about krp, the feeling which krp delivers has never been seen before!
Don't worry PiBoSo nothing within the next several years will ever come close to the driving experience your simulation delivers.

Can't wait to see the two other "opponents" (kartsim and rf2 karts) fail agains krp.  :) I would bet money on that to happen.

ps: I don't just say the Simraceway kart sucks because I am a krp fanatic, go try it yourself and you'll get the exact same impression.

Anyway I'll go for the SR bmw 1 M coupe now, an absolute lovely car. And the cars seem to handle very nice in SR.

Btw SR has infineon kart track maybe this can be converted to krp  ;D (It's based on rfactor) EDIT: the mas file seems to be locked so no chance unfortunately. Would have enjoyed infineon kart track in krp.

Cloudheaven

February 04, 2012, 04:30:21 PM #6 Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:32:14 PM by Cloudheaven
I've tried the SRW kart yesterday, my impressions:

Some things are slightly better and some things are slightly worst than KRP.

- Handling: in SRW the oversteer is slightly more predictable on my steering wheel than KRP,
like reality (I've drove 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines kart) but this may depend by the setup of the kart,
SRW don't allow personal setups and the physic doesn't care of the track width of the kart
and many other things concerning the handling, so the gMotor2 of SRW is much more limited for kart than KRP,
anyway is a very large step beyond all the other mods of kart gMotor2 based.

- Curbs: attack the curbs it's the same things for KRP and SRW kart, you have to drive easy on,
you can't move over it too aggressively, like the reality.
For my steering wheel the gMotor2 it's actually better for feel the curbs, they are more sharp,
rather than the too soft sensations givens by KRP.

- Sense of speed: exactly the same, but in KRP you can focus slightly better on bends.

Considering this, i can say that KRP is way better than SRW, it has a very deep physic specially
designed for simulate a kart, the gMotor2 is born to simulate a car not a kart, no matter how is good,
it's only sufficient to simulate the kart in a complex way as KRP does.

For another comparison I can only wait for the ISI kart mod of rF2, sure that will
be better than the old gMotor2, but it will be enough for compete with KRP?

The Iceman Marco

I think the handling in SRW is unrealistic. the kart behaves weird sometimes, especially on the kerbs. The speed is quite good. It also is a bit stupid you can't change your setup, because that one is very bad. for example the drivetrain. I'm almost the whole lap in limiter. :P

So like I expected KRP is much better. :)

And Racehard, I'm +1.5 on the fastest now, but I can beat that. I won't give up :P

jarowww

Well i also gave it a try and kart feels really different to krp. Well i don't have much karting experience but something feels wrong. It's very responsive when driving. It feels really planted and i think it can change direcions even faster than krp karts. Its like driving on rails. But when i start cornering to hard backend snaps and spins really slowly around me. Really when it snaps it feels that sterring wheel is useless. In krp kart spins really fast when driving on 3 wheels. But when i put oppositelock i feel that it makes difference even if my reaction was too slow. Here it seems that when you start to slide a little you loose all grip. In krp i can feel back stepping out a bit. I can control it, there is clear transition between planted and sliding kart. Here it seems to me that kart have 2 states, all grip and no grip at all. In some ways it feels really similiar to rfactor karts mods. But hey it's free.

Cloudheaven

Quote from: jarowww on February 04, 2012, 09:54:22 PM
Well i also gave it a try and kart feels really different to krp. Well i don't have much karting experience but something feels wrong. It's very responsive when driving. It feels really planted and i think it can change direcions even faster than krp karts. Its like driving on rails. But when i start cornering to hard backend snaps and spins really slowly around me. Really when it snaps it feels that sterring wheel is useless. In krp kart spins really fast when driving on 3 wheels. But when i put oppositelock i feel that it makes difference even if my reaction was too slow. Here it seems that when you start to slide a little you loose all grip. In krp i can feel back stepping out a bit. I can control it, there is clear transition between planted and sliding kart. Here it seems to me that kart have 2 states, all grip and no grip at all. In some ways it feels really similiar to rfactor karts mods. But hey it's free.

All of this is because with SRW you need to be really fast and sensible to countersteer, otherwise you will spin
very easily like you said. For my driving experience i can say that the sensibility of the real kart is between KRP and SRW.

The Iceman Marco

Is it right there are some problems. Because I did 0.7 sec faster as the current leader. But that time still isn't in the list. Other say that there are some problems and they have the times and will fix it. Is there someone who knows more about this?

Cloudheaven

Dunno, even my time is not listed yet, and i did a good lap times  :(

Racehard

Sorry but there is not a single thing which is better on the srw kart than on krp's karts.

Oversteer is pretty unpredictable and you have to keep your foot on the gas while braking to stabalize the kart.
And responsive? I've turned my wheel rotation to 180 degrees like in krp and the srw kart reacts so weird to steering inputs at first it almost doesn't react at all and then suddenly bam.

But I've unlocked the 1 series M coupe now and that car handles awesome, powerslides are possible and so amazing to do.
Steering could be a bit better again, maybe I have to set up my wheel different, I use 400 degrees of rotation but I try to find the right balance between the steering of a real car and to get it still somehow responsive enough - something I've never managed for road cars in sumlations till now.

jarowww

What amazes me is that game is free. You get quickraces and almost always there is someone to race with in one of lobbies. Even hotlaping is fun in events, you can get up to speed with ghost car, they integrated leaderboards into game... and you earn points by driving so you don't need to spend any money to buy cars. Surprisingly cars are branded.  That is lot of content for free game.

Racehard

They seem to run a real driving school, and also sell their own sim racing wheel, I guess they earn enough money through that.