• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:24:02 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

KS1 engine problem

Started by Aritz, January 08, 2012, 02:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

I want to help with this :)

I am not an engine expert but I know 2 stroke engines quite well. First R/C world, now Karting.

We are used to our cars and those have RPM limiter but 2 strokes without electronics, are very simple. They reach their maximum RPM without electronic limiter. This limit is the carburation; rich=low RPM (too much gasoline), lean=high RPM first then drop (nothing to burn) and the correct mixture; the maximum RPM possible (in KZ aprox 14000)
They don't need any limiter, the limiters in 2stroke are for the engine best life (more RPM, less life) or for different power with same engine in KF class; 14000 (KF3) 16000 (KF2)

Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30FkYppnW_o&feature=youtu.be

By the way, this could be a new feature for the game, choose the carburation by yourself! You want the best power? Take a risk and carburate it extreme. You want more security? Don't take the risk and carburate it 200-300 RPM lower than the maximum. And game may use a random blow ups for the engines; more risk=more probabilites but more power (1-2hp, never more), less risk=less options but less power

Nitrox

Great ideas, but please don't make this sim too complicated. You should at least be able to do acceptable laps without having to worry too much about carburation, radiator cover, hand choking (except for ICA 100 maybe), ...