• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:38:18 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

KartSim

Started by cnt997, December 08, 2011, 02:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Harris

No, the name has not been announced yet.

James Beer

theres already a sim called city car driving simulator

PiBoSo

Quote from: MrShowtime22 on July 20, 2013, 04:08:43 AM
I have been in touch with Zach Griffin (Creator, and only man working on kartsim) every 2 weeks and about a week ago more laser scanning of multiple tracks had taken place. Zach is working on a City Driving Simulator that is more important in terms of his job at the moment but progress is still being made on Kartsim. Who knows when the release will be but Kartsim is certainly not dead. Zach is using the development of his city driving simulator to create a main database that can be used in all of his projects that he will make, including Kartsim.

Looking forward to a KRP <-> KartSim comparison.

KCSmoke

I call BS on KartSim...complete vaporware...MrShowtime22?? Probably Zach. Whatever. Right up there with the West Brothers of yesteryear. All promise and no delivery.

James Beer

he at least needs to tell people whats going on. People are thinking its dead before its even started, just even small updates once a month or something like that. As the website has been taken down people are thinking the project has been abandoned. This is no way to run a business, he may have other priorities first but just some communication between him and his future customers - if they are still intrested that is...

Ryan Harris

I 100% agree with you guys, I do, dont get me wrong. Its just i have been kept updated with exclusive videos and I have seen the progress that has been made. Kartsim is Zach's hobby project and hopefully he will release some news to the public. I will try to contact him today and see whats the latest. Im with you guys when it comes to keeping the public interested etc.

James Beer

Quote from: MrShowtime22 on July 21, 2013, 02:58:58 AM
I 100% agree with you guys, I do, dont get me wrong. Its just i have been kept updated with exclusive videos and I have seen the progress that has been made. Kartsim is Zach's hobby project and hopefully he will release some news to the public. I will try to contact him today and see whats the latest. Im with you guys when it comes to keeping the public interested etc.

it will be intresting to see how the end product is, the graphics look great but i hope this doesnt over rule the physics side of it. If he has been making progress and you've seen videos and pics, why doesnt he show them to the public? surely he's proud and wants to show off what he has done. The last kartsim fb post was in october 2012 and we have had no news since. He talked about getting the beta out in 2012 in april i think it was, i knew he hit a few bugs and they needed work on. Zach also said in august that it was very close to be in public beta and estimated about 10 weeks for it to be complete, lots of people are just very confused of when it will be out in beta. Do you know what Zachs estimated deadline is?

Nathan Dunnett

I remember when the beta was getting hyped up to release in 2011. Personally I'd rather Zach continue keeping quiet until he has time to actually get it done, no good teasing us now if we won't see anything for another 12 months.

KCSmoke

It would make me happy if I was wrong but KartSim is exactly like this...

http://simhqmotorsports.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2998131/Who_remembers_Racing_Legends_b

http://www.west-racing.com/racing.htm

It will never see the light of day. 6+ years?! C'mon!

The only positive is he's not collecting funds from those who still believe it's real. KRP has nothing to fear from KartSim. Pure vaporware!.

Cory_Hayes

well, WHEN KartSim comes out, KRP will be over played/out dated and people will want something new, that something new will be KartSim, Unless Piboso comes up with something new that will blow everyone away, I think its safe to say people will go to KartSim, just in that video that was put up ages ago, the graphics looked amazing! and that was like...2-3-4 years ago? I think

Capeta

Most are here for the physics of the game not the graphics :)

Ryan Harris

Kartsim, is a sim, just like KRP. Funnily enough the physics takes major priority over the graphics in Kartsim. I have seen the deep development myself.

Sam

Have u had a drive in kart sim ???

Falling for kk like

Ryan Harris

I am apart of the closed beta testing team, I have seen exclusives and closed footage. I will be testing the sim in the near future.

DPKarter#43

Hey everyone.
I understand that Piboso is already very busy making 3 different racing games but if anyone else saw the quality and perfection that went into building the go kart game Kartsim, i think it would be really really awesome if Piboso could somehow finish of the game. Because we all know that Zack isnt going to. I'd really hate to see that game disappear like nothing after impressing everyone with how could it looked. Maybe after Piboso can get his hands on it after KRP 1.0 comes out and maybe he could finish making it.
Thanks For Reading
DPKarter#43