• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:54 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Race of champions

Started by Ricardo Costa, November 25, 2011, 03:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricardo Costa

Hi all...
I am following the rotax max grand finals taking place at Al Ain Raceway and I had the idea of organising a similar race to end this year...
Many of us are students and we have holidays in christmas so that would be the best time to do this race.
I't just my opinion.. what do you think about it?

The Iceman Marco

It's great to organise a race, but we have to wait until beta 5 I think.

nmpcs

nice. Bring it on.
I think it's better to wait 'till beta 5 too.

laraarsa

it's a great idea, but it would be better to wait till beta 5.
and wait till the VT engine ;)

Ricardo Costa

The Iceman Marco

There's nobody who knows it. Beta 4 is out for a month now I think. So it'll take some time I think.

Ricardo Costa

Probably not before 2012... the idea of the race i proposed was to end this racing year. Like the "World Cup"
What is the problem of racing with beta 4?

nmpcs

Quote from: Ricardo Costa on November 25, 2011, 09:12:09 PM
Probably not before 2012... the idea of the race i proposed was to end this racing year. Like the "World Cup"
What is the problem of racing with beta 4?
for me it's the lag

The Iceman Marco

The other karts have a huge lag, which makes close driving and overtaking impossible without crashing.

Ricardo Costa

Oh, i see... Inoticed that yesterday while playing online. Will that be improved?

Schwoni

EVO

close racing and passing or being passed is not impossible you just have to play fair.  respect the guy behind you if u mess up. give space.
We should have tournament.  with regions (like EUR, North America, South America, Asia)to lower lag.
then the top drivers face off.  that race will proabably lag but it would only be 3-5 drivers
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

nmpcs

Racehard

December 04, 2011, 05:45:00 PM #13 Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:46:36 PM by Racehard
A tournament like the real race of champions (which took place this weekend in Düsseldorf) should be possible though and it would add that live 1 on 1 competitive factor, without the need of wheel to wheel racing.
If we had an ROC like track (they do exist for rfactor).

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Race%20of%20Champions%202008

The track does fit karts better anyway, I think this could be good fun.

Schwoni

very good idea :) who convert it? :D